• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So I am having a bit of trouble with the spell "Chaos"

It is very simple: a unit chaosed changes, but does not trigger an "enter region" event like creating a unit, which seriously messes up one of my triggers.

Assumably, I can simulate the enter through moving the unit to a place and back - but wait! The chaosed unit has some issues with not actually being the same variable. So I have to repick it.

Question then: what is the most efficient, lagless and foolproof way of doing this? I could create a group and constantly look in the place of this chaosed unit until I find the ID of the thing the chaos would change him into. I could add a wait in there, or add a loop. But tehre could also be units of the same ID, which would mess it up. So how then should I do it?

Level 9
Not at all, since youd on't know my trigger it sets up a region called a "Light System"

On creation, it finds all the units in the area and gives them a bonus vision.

Then it just does it when they enter/leave. Much more efficient then readding the samer spell toe verything in the region :).

Level 9
Your not getting it.

This is a light system. it is CONSTANTLY on. As in always. It adds the skill when they enter, and removes it when they leave the region. I have multiple NON changing units. Your suggestion makes me run the add skill for every unit in the region despite the fact that 90% of them have already gotten the skill. I can't just run it once >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.