• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Channels an Active spell if lvl 2 or more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I set the ability level to 2 or more, when I cast it, it channels and I can't stop the channel.

• -------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Endure --------If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (Level of Paladin for (Entering unit)) Greater than or equal to 2
      • SpellString[((Owner of EnteringUnit) Food used)] Equal to WWRG
    • Then - Actions
      • Unit - Remove ActiveSpell[((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used)] from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Endure to (Entering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Endure for EnteringUnit to (Level of Determination Mastery for EnteringUnit)
      • Set ActiveSpell[((Owner of EnteringUnit) Food used)] = Endure
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Level of Endure for (Triggering unit))))
    • Else - Actions
However, if I raise it by another trigger, it works normally

• Ability level up
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -allup as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -allup as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of ActiveSpell[((Triggering player) Food used)] for Hero[((Triggering player) Food used)] to ((Level of ActiveSpell[((Triggering player) Food used)] for Hero[((Triggering player) Food used)]) + 1)
But, if I run this trigger in the previous one, once or twice, it still doesn't work. The spell has unchecked "disable other abilities" and has 0.01 follow through time. I'm very confused. :vw_wtf:

Level 5
Can't see the whole trigger. Did you pause the unit?
This usually happens when the unit is paused upon cast order.

For the problem I mentioned, you can try replacing the channel to some other channeling ability like Starfall. Then again, it may not be what you want.

Alternatively, the problem may be fixed if you set the cooldown time for your unit.

@vypur85
The cooldown is 0.
I am not pausing the unit in any way, I want it to be cast normally like an aoe spell, no channeling.

@.....

Here is the spell trigger:
  • Endure
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Endure
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add DummyEndure to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of DummyEndure for (Last created unit) to (Level of Endure for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pit Lord - Howl Of Terror
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Endure makes a dummy at the target location and casts roar which raises allies' armor.

The add ability trigger does not have an event, it is run by another trigger, by stepping on a region and the rest of this trigger are all the same, just with other abilities as well.
However, I am removing the ability after the finished cast:

• Spell Removal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Summon Magic (novi)
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Summon Melee (novi)
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Summon Ranged (novi)
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Elem Mastery
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Learn Basic Fire Mastery
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Learn Basic Ice Mastery
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Learn Basic Lightning Mastery
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove ActiveSpell[((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used)] from (Triggering unit)
      • Set ActiveSpell[((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used)] = No Ability
      • Set SpellString[((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Food used)] = <Empty String>
I am using food used so I can use it for the player index number as I've found out that red and blue's index number are both 1
No Ability is an ability which tells me that there is no ability active

This isn't a channel spell, and it works fine when it's level 1, it also works fine when I raise it by the Ability lvl up trigger and it's lvl 2, it works perfectly fine, the problem is that it channels, all abilities' , commands' UI icons dissapear except for the passives'. That happens if I set it to the level of Det. Mast., it doesn't work, the casting hero starts channeling. Maybe I can try having a variable that counts the level of it throughout the game, maybe it'll work then.

EDIT: I've found out an interesting thing, I've put a trigger 3 times with:
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
  • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
, and it didn't run when I cast the spell. It did run when there was no Determination Mastery ability present, and while it was level 1, even though every time I add the ability, I set it to the same level as the Det. Mast.
I've come to think that it's the Object editor problem, but I deeply doubt that, all fields are same in all levels except for the cast range and aoe

Last edited:
Follow through time is 0 and disable other abilties is false, even though it works normally on lvl 1, it starts an uninterruptable channel which lasts forever, It is not a state of casting or channeling though.
I am now raising ability lvl by one(since lvl of spell is determined by lvl of another spell) and it works for level 2 just fine, haven't tried lvl 3 yet. Can't post triggers because I'm on mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.