• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Channel spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi :) fast and easy question: i want to make a spell that does damage every 2 second for 10 seconds (channeled spell), but what would i base this on? i thought about the human spellbreakers but their catch-the-enemy-in-a-net spell wont work cause it immobilizes too... Life Drain wont work either cause i cant take the healing effect away - so what should i base it on? :<

Level 4
but i could just base it on Channel too, but theres not a default damage thing there.. and then i thought of making the spell do a buff, and then check if a unit has the buff and deal damage to the unit (if it has the buff) every 2 second, but i cant find "Unit has buff equal to <bla bla>" <.<

Hm, channeling spell, right, sorry.
Base it off Channel, with follow through time equal to the seconds you want it channeled.
Then,
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Set Unit[1] = (Triggering unit)
    • Set Unit[2] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    • Trigger - Turn on Trigger2 <gen>
  • Trigger2
  • Events
    • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
    • (Unit[2] is alive) Equal to True // This is "Boolean Comparison".
  • Actions
    • Set Count = ((Count) + 1) // Integer - type variable
    • Unit - Cause Unit[1] to damage Unit[2] dealing 100 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Count) Equal to 5 // "Integer Comparison"
      • Then - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Set Count = 0
      • Else - Actions
  • Trigger3
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit stops casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions