• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Channel ability problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
People in the forum and all the tutorial keep say change base order ID of Channel does work. But when I try to make 2 skill based on channel, one without target and one with a target, my hero still try to cast both. In fact, both skill still yield result, but it is troublesome. Do anyone know how to fix this problem? I has used different order ID for these skill.
In a side note, does anyone know how to detect a unit be killed by a skill? I want to make a skill that increase damage each time you use it to kill. I tried to detect whether the target is alive or dead right after calculate bonus damage, but it failed, my skill always increase damage no matter it kill or not.

Level 9
People in the forum and all the tutorial keep say change base order ID of Channel does work. But when I try to make 2 skill based on channel, one without target and one with a target, my hero still try to cast both. In fact, both skill still yield result, but it is troublesome. Do anyone know how to fix this problem? I has used different order ID for these skill.

Make sure you change the "Data - Base Order ID". If not that's not working, try to change the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" as well.

In a side note, does anyone know how to detect a unit be killed by a skill? I want to make a skill that increase damage each time you use it to kill. I tried to detect whether the target is alive or dead right after calculate bonus damage, but it failed, my skill always increase damage no matter it kill or not.

You'll probably have to use a damage detection system that detects also spells. Check out Damage Engine 3.8.0.0

Level 3
I'm
Make sure you change the "Data - Base Order ID". If not that's not working, try to change the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On" as well.

You'll probably have to use a damage detection system that detects also spells. Check out Damage Engine 3.8.0.0
I'm pretty sure that I has changed the Data - Base Order ID field. Didn't I has stated in in the beginning?
Does it need to collide with a order ID that exist in the game? Or it can be a random text?

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm pretty sure that I has changed the Data - Base Order ID field. Didn't I has stated in in the beginning?
Does it need to collide with a order ID that exist in the game? Or it can be a random text?

Umm.. You shouldn't be able to write anything there yourself, instead there should be a list of already existing order IDs.

channel.png

If you're sure you've done this, you'll have to post the map, since you must then be doing something else that makes the hero cast both spells.

Level 12
If it's triggered damage then it's easy, but if it's from a basic ability then I'm not sure...

You can use 0.01 duration buffs to detect which ability dealt damage, but I'm guessing that dead units don't have buffs, but you can give it a try just in case.

For example, with an acid bomb that has a 0.01 sec buff duration. If something dies and has this buff, then you can be pretty sure that it died from the ability.

Though, again, it might not work on dying units...

Level 3
Umm.. You shouldn't be able to write anything there yourself, instead there should be a list of already existing order IDs.

View attachment 319427

If you're sure you've done this, you'll have to post the map, since you must then be doing something else that makes the hero cast both spells.
Uh. Thank you. I use auto fill level so they allow me to type. . . I don't know that you have to pick from a list.

Level 3
If it's triggered damage then it's easy, but if it's from a basic ability then I'm not sure...

You can use 0.01 duration buffs to detect which ability dealt damage, but I'm guessing that dead units don't have buffs, but you can give it a try just in case.

For example, with an acid bomb that has a 0.01 sec buff duration. If something dies and has this buff, then you can be pretty sure that it died from the ability.

Though, again, it might not work on dying units...
Well, thank you. If I turn it entirely triggered damage then it will be easier.

Level 9
Uh. Thank you. I use auto fill level so they allow me to type. . . I don't know that you have to pick from a list.

Yeah, auto fill can be a tricky sometimes (it uses raw code). Always make the changes to the first level by normally double clicking the field, only after that use the auto fill (unless you know what the raw codes mean). Also, it doesn't matter what you pick from the list, as long as there are no two spells on a same unit with same ID.

Level 39
You can even choose an order associated with a different type of targeting paradigm. For example: you can make a unit-targeted ability have the order of Fan of Knives and it will work just fine. The only thing you won't be able to do is order the unit to use the ability with GUI triggers (JASS is fine).

Level 3
You can even choose an order associated with a different type of targeting paradigm. For example: you can make a unit-targeted ability have the order of Fan of Knives and it will work just fine. The only thing you won't be able to do is order the unit to use the ability with GUI triggers (JASS is fine).
It is quite rare to order a unit cast a channel-based ability, and you have a whole list to pick. I dont think it will ever become a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.