• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

changing the skin of unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hey i have model of the merry from lord of the rings and i want to put new skin on him, but the skin doesnt look propley on him. i tired to fix it myself but i fail at it, i dont know how to do it could anyone help?

Attachments

• Merrybody.blp
    254.1 KB · Views: 30
  • merry.mdx
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
hey i have model of the merry from lord of the rings and i want to put new skin on him, but the skin doesnt look propley on him. i tired to fix it myself but i fail at it, i dont know how to do it could anyone help?
ok so it was a skin problem as i said lol, i changed the placements of them in your texture. although it is a dds file now(i dont have blp editing program), not sure how it works with the the older version, i think the same? lol regardless im sure you prob a blp converter if you need to convert, took a picture of it in the studio here too, i think this is how it should be? let me know

Attachments

• MerrybodyNew.dds
    170.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2020-12-15 125452.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-15 125452.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 35
Level 11
IT looks bit odd, i tired IT myself its very confusing to correctly put the body Parts. IT should look similar to this. (Right hobbit)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-15-23-26-33-512_com.discord.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-12-15-23-26-33-512_com.discord.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 40
Level 11
ok so it was a skin problem as i said lol, i changed the placements of them in your texture. although it is a dds file now(i dont have blp editing program), not sure how it works with the the older version, i think the same? lol regardless im sure you prob a blp converter if you need to convert, took a picture of it in the studio here too, i think this is how it should be? let me know

i noticed your message, theres the orginal skin, i think you could make it so model uses face, hands and feets from the orginal skin and just change outfit if that works, like this its also less work

i realise the skin might not excatly match the merry, but if u can make it somehow similar to photo i posted eralier it would be nice, i really need to give merry a outfit of rohan soldier. if u know lotr then u should know what i need

Attachments

• Merrybody.blp
    196.9 KB · Views: 31
Level 11
also dont do the sword helmet and the shield, and also merry doesnt have a cape on his model so it might be bad idea to use cape skin on the back. hmm idk how to solve it maybe use same skin for the back as for the chest if it will look good?

IT looks bit odd, i tired IT myself its very confusing to correctly put the body Parts. IT should look similar to this. (Right hobbit)
ah i see well looks like it is from that model, so i dont think you have the right meshes for this texture to work
this one here has the the part you want on the body, but his mesh is not right for the texture to wrap properly.
so i think your 'sol' out on this one mate. lol i dont know what to do about it.

Attachments

• MerrybodyNew1.dds
    170.8 KB · Views: 16
When u mąkę new one screenshoot if u can because i cant use computer for few days so i will Die of curiousity
ofc, so yea you cant really put a different type of texture on something different, it really wont look right, the meshes and stuff. but i modified original diffuse and got something that is pretty decent i think, well it doesnt look bad anyways lol. so maybe this will work for you?, otherwise you will need different model parts lol

Attachments

• MerrybodyTest1.dds
    170.8 KB · Views: 22
  • mERRY.png
    mERRY.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Merry1.png
    Merry1.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 26
Level 11
ofc, so yea you cant really put a different type of texture on something different, it really wont look right, the meshes and stuff. but i modified original diffuse and got something that is pretty decent i think, well it doesnt look bad anyways lol. so maybe this will work for you?, otherwise you will need different model parts lol

Hmm not surę my first reaction is bad but i think he might need helmet sword and shield i will try to do that myself. Send the model also if u didnt alreday

I attachted the Pack of rohan footmens i guess as u said . The diff models textures doesnt support eachother but u can look at IT if u have mood

Attachments

• JinetesDeRohan_PorJhotam.zip
    753.1 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.