• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing order ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi I've just started a new project that has A LOT of spells that are available and all of them will be given by items. (So they only have 1 level)

My question is that if I had War Stomp and changed the Order ID to something like Stone Form could I then have two different versions of War Stomp on a unit without them casting them both at the same time?

EDIT: So I've been trying things out and I've noticed that I can have 4 different versions of channel and they will all cast individually, is this is a good way to do it?

Last edited:
Even if you change the order string of a standard ability it will still use the default one.
That's why you have to use Channel which will work with different order strings.

You need to trigger.
Take the Warstomp fx.
Have two abilities based on channel with different order strings.
Make a trigger that checks if any of the two abilities are used. If so, then create a dummy unit with an actual Warstomp ability and order that unit to cast Warstomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.