• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Changing Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What is the field type name, and field name for a unit's model.

After looking for a hour i cant seem to find it, and now i feel like an idiot.

Level 5
ok, i see that now but how do i add an actor? I still cant find a way to manage a unit's main actor. All i find is how to add abilty like actors.

Level 5
Yes, i did see that as a solution, but a bad one. Im trying to create a bunch of units with the same stats but different models. It would be much faster to just change the actor, if i could find out how :(

Also it creates a copy of the actor. Which then you have 1000 copies of actors, which defeats the whole purpose of having actor classes

Level 5
ya, i just found that out after doing a search using actor instead of model. This doesnt make any sence tho, why didnt they just add all the actor fields in the unit section. Such a big hassle for something so simple.

Thanks for your help tho, +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.