• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Camera for Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm making a map (obviously) with several long-ranged artillery-like units. I want to make it so that when someone clicks on the button to use the artillery, it moves the camera so that it's pointed directly down a little way over the map and it can be zoomed in and out a little bit, like a satellite or something, while the player can move the camera around the map while deciding where to order the unit to fire at.

The issue comes with making it so that the trigger will detect when the button is pushed and moves it to the camera. Does anyone know a way to go about this?

Level 4
Maybe like this, if it's what you were after:

• Events - A skill has been used (I don't remember the right terms but anyway)
  • Conditions - Ability being cast Equal To "YOURSKILL"
  • Actions - Put your actions here....
If this helps give me some reputation :)

Last edited:
Level 6
I gave you rep anyway because you read it, which for me is a pretty exciting thing here.
But doesn't that make it so that it will move the camera once it's been cast and not before the area has been targeted?

Status
Not open for further replies.