• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Attack Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I have already looked under Gameplay Constants and Game Interface, but I can't find where I can change the attack name, like Chaos to Acid, where is it? Thanks in advanced.

Level 4
Umm actually no, you can change its name/description (i.e. "chaos") to anything else under "game interface" (.e. caption-text of almost any ingame button, default messages("not enough lumber"), and text bits like damage type "chaos" or armour types.

Also you will find there all paths of the files and icons that are used in the game interface. Its there where you can change i.e. the hero stats icons, too. You will find out as soon as you see the list.

I don't have the english WE so I cannot give the exact name of where you can find the game interface menue, but its in the same menu as gameplay constants and one item below those.

klovadis

Level 6
PalidinMaster3 said:
I have already looked under Gameplay Constants and Game Interface

klovadis said:
Umm actually no, you can change its name/description (i.e. "chaos") to anything else under "game interface" (.e. caption-text of almost any ingame button, default messages("not enough lumber"), and text bits like damage type "chaos" or armour types.

That's why I didn't say Game Interface when I read it earlier. ^_^

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, Game Interface is huge and complex, and map makers should always change things on Gameplay Constants/Interface, people always appreciate maps that have this things changed (i cant understand why but ok :p). Also, people always get curious, and they make questions like this one. For example Wind and Cloud is a map that has almost everything in Gameplay Constants and Interface, and it shomehow makes the map "diferent".
I am not hoping that many people understand what I am trying to say, through I think that some might be enough intelligent to understand :lol:

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.