• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Changing Ability/Effect sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a (simple) way to change what sound file plays when an ability or effect occurs.

In my case, I want to change the Dryad slow poison sound effect from the current frosty icicle sound to something else. I checked the ability and effect of Slow Poison and the sound was set to none so I figured the sound for the ability was changed elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Level 19
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a (simple) way to change what sound file plays when an ability or effect occurs.

In my case, I want to change the Dryad slow poison sound effect from the current frosty icicle sound to something else. I checked the ability and effect of Slow Poison and the sound was set to none so I figured the sound for the ability was changed elsewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
for some spells the sound is set in the buff or effect since there is no way of telling if the spell is successful such as when spell immunity is in play. thus when a buff is applied the game knows the spell was successful and plays the sound.

simple answer. the sound can be found and changed in the buff of slow

Level 2
for some spells the sound is set in the buff or effect since there is no way of telling if the spell is successful such as when spell immunity is in play. thus when a buff is applied the game knows the spell was successful and plays the sound.

simple answer. the sound can be found and changed in the buff of slow

Yes ok, but I checked the effect editor and found Slow Poison effect and the sound played was set to None.

Level 2
I have idea, change the art target to something else, it could be possible that the art target is what is playing the sound

This will not change the buff but it hopefully will change the sound :)

Yes! This worked! Well, not 100% but I should be able to figure a solution from here. Thank you very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.