• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Change Vertex Shading trigger not working, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi guys
i have this trigger in my map:
Code:
Ghost
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Ghost
    Actions
        Animation - Change (Trained unit)'s vertex coloring to (10.00%, 100.00%, 10.00%) with 75.00% transparency

But when i test it, nothing happens :?
Anyone know why? help much appreciated
Bort

Level 8
Provided that you know that your trigger will only fire when a building physically trains and spits out a ghost, nothing seems to be wrong with the syntax of your trigger.

I haven't looked at that particular animation action in the past, so I can't recomment specifically what might be the matter. Sorry.

Level 9
The editor sometimes neglects to explain certain events, something i've had before is that when the unit was trained, the very moment training was done, it was still 'inside' the building, and it would take something like 0.1 second for it to pop out, and actually be in the game, so you could try putting a .5 second wait before the vertex change.
It's just an hypothese, but might be worth the shot.
also, try a temporal manual trigger, which is:

Player - chat message (player 1 red) types 'xx' as an exact match

-

Change vertex on last created unit blablabla :)

See if that works, rule out the errors.
goodluck

Level 8
I've never needed a wait with a Trains Unit trigger, although there are a few situations where a short wait is appropriate.

However, when you add waits into triggers, it allows other triggers to run during the wait, so any variables (like (Training Unit)) could get overwritten during that time.

Also, keep in mind that Waits cannot be made to go smaller than 0.25, even if you set it lower, which is a substantial handicap.

I agree that you should create a debug situation to test to see if the action works on its own, without the event and condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.