• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chance to miss??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im trying to make a tower have a 35% chance of missing its attacks all the time. I tried to make a ability based off of Drunken Haze but can't seem to make my dummy unit cast it on my tower when its built here's my trigger...

Code:
Defence Turrent
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to 50. Cal Defence Turret
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Dummy Unit) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Add Miss for Defence Turrent  to (Picked unit)
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Drunken Haze (Constructed structure)
                Unit - Remove Miss for Defence Turrent  from (Picked unit)
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Picked unit)

It just don't work and I am not sure why. I should also add I'm very noob with Dummy Units :oops: . So yeah I just want the tower to miss 35% of time every time it attacks.

Level 6
1) Use Last Created Unit, not Pick Every Units
2) Try to use modified Curse spell
3) It is better to make dummy with negative regeneration or remove it after finishing of trigger than add expiration timer (timers are expensive)

There is another alternative to add this "automiss" ability to turret and order turet to cast on itself and then remove ability

Level 6
bash couses a unit to stop. even if the time is set to 0.01 (0.00 means for ever) it would be neccessary to reorder it to move...

therefore i would recommend you to use 'critical strike' instead. with a 35% chance to hit (set the damage to 0 on success)

Level 4
well I feel dumb. I fixed my promble and it was not he trigger that was working just fine, the real proble was that I forgot to make my spell cost 0 mana(it cost 75) my dummy unit didd'nt have any mana(Based off of Pesent) so yeah I'm dumb but my spell and trigger work now, heres finale triiger for those who would like to know...

Code:
Defence Turrent
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to 50. Cal Defence Turret
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        Unit - Add Miss for Defence Turrent  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to drunkenhaze (Constructed structure)
        Unit - Remove Miss for Defence Turrent  from (Last created unit)

Thanks to those who tried to help. I did change the trigger a little from the origanal but they both worked. And I say it again... I'm dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.