• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cenarius Garden

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my very first melee map ever. And i maded without testing it at any moment!

Hope you enjoy it as much i did making it!
00020073.gif

*The smiley is from SweetIM as you can download*
Contents

Cenarius Garden (Map)

Reviews
14:40, 3rd March 2009, by Rui: The worst melee map I might have played, at least in a long while. Bad terrain, horrible creep choice and drops, wicked neutral building placement. Rejected with 1/5 (Unacceptable) rating.

M

14:40, 3rd March 2009, by Rui:
The worst melee map I might have played, at least in a long while. Bad terrain, horrible creep choice and drops, wicked neutral building placement.
Rejected with 1/5 (Unacceptable) rating.

Level 18
bounty hunter2's Review on Cenarius Garden

I really can't say much about Cenarius Garden, only that is very poorly made.

The terrain is horrible, empty with only one tile used. A lot of blizzard cliffs, everything is heighted the same. The trees are oddly placed.

The creeps are placed very strangely, the groups and droops are poorly done aswell. There are different groups at same places in the map.

The tavern is guarded, the AI didn't attack us till late game.

I don't see why this got approved, 1/5 and Rejection.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review on "Cenarius Garden" (by LasseFirelord)

I don't think I have ever played a melee map that's so bad.

Your terraining is bad, no elevation or ground texture variation. I could excuse the elevation because of the terrain's structure, but not the bland tile-work. There is nearly no place for building. The AI misbehaves because of this.

The creeps are definitely the worst. How are there bandits on Ashenvale, especially on a land that's supposedly Cenarius's? That isn't relevant game-play wise, but the fact that you placed creep camps with 3 Enforces is.
Their drops sucked too.

Resource distribution receives a minus as well. There were too few trees. Thank lord I was playing Night Elf.

My suggestion is that you look at Blizzard's maps to see how it's done.
Rating: 1/5 (Unacceptable) with a vote for [highlight]Rejection[/code], obviously.