• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle Template 0.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a basic Castle Terrain Template made by me CyberDuelX16 (Also Known as Coal and Coal143). I made this while i was bored and had nothing to do, so i decided to give a crack at making terrain.

Not really sure what this could be used for but who knows?

Note: I Can't Figure Out how to get Print screen Screenshots Uploaded, so I'm using Xfire Ones, They wont look as good, Sorry! P:

Comment and Rate =)

w3ft-20100226-225223.png

w3ft-20100226-225232.png

w3ft-20100226-225238.png

w3ft-20100226-225347.png

---Change Log---

---Version 0.2---
1) Fixed Some Pathing Issues
2) Added Dirt To The Outside Layers (To Make it More Realistic)
3) Added Flags to the Rest of The Gates
4) Added Inner (Stronger) and Outer (Weaker) Gates

---Version 0.3---
1) Fixed The East and South Pathing Issues
2) Added 3 Knights to Guard The King/Captain/Hero
3) Made All Building Invulnerable
4) Fixed West Guard Tower (Out of Gate Bug)

Note: Guard Towers are now Less Symmetrical but the pathing bugs are fixed

---Version 0.4---
1) Fixed Rare Crash Bug
2) Changed Around Some Trees to smooth out pathing

Please Credit if Used

Regards,
CyberDuelX16 (Also Known as Coal and Coal143)

Keywords:
Castle,Template,Terrain,CyberDuelX16,Coal,Coal143,CyberDuelX16
Contents

Castle Template 0.4 (Map)

Reviews
19:55, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Quite a small castle 64x64 but what the heck its still useful

Ty ^_^, I'm Thinking About Making it Larger, Hmnmmm...should just make the castle bigger or maybe i should add a dock or a village?

I'll try to use it in my cinematic

Sweet! Please Tell Me If you Do, I'd Like To See it!, Also don't forget to credit ^^

NOTE: Oh and Also, Does anyone know how to add Print Screen Screenshots to Hive Workshop?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

If your going to make it bigger, then for my taste there should be the castle, then a town outside it, and then a forest. That is completely what I'd need for my cinematic.

Barathrum, I've decided that i will make a dock, a town and then maybe (if this map goes well, something else.)

As for your cinematic, I'd be glad to make a separate map with your requirements, though I'd need more info and a +Rep would be nice :grin:

NOTE: 0.3 Added, I think 0.5 or 1.0 will be the major adds (depending on how the map goes)

Regards,
CyberDuelX16

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Sure no problem, what information do you need?

Just PM me info like what your cinematic is about and stuff like that =) also, add special requests and please tell me if the town and/or forest has to be North/East/South/West of the Castle

You uploaded template without screenshots

Btw, from map preview i can see that caste is symmetrical, why?
Make castle on large rock in middle of ocean with terrible fog and lightning effect
Scary :)))))

xD, Indeed, I made it symmetrical cus it's my second real try at terrain and my first time putting it on hive. Screenshots are being uploaded Now,

Also, Can Anyone Tell me what the spoiler code is?

Regards,
CyberDuelX16

Yeah, Thanks! ^_^

EDIT: Ooh Look My +Rep Gave u an extra Gem! ^_^ Enjoy!

EDIT: Screenshots (FINALLY) Uploaded.

Lol yea :grin:
Thanks!

What can I see from pictures, your castle is really poor (I mean people can't use something like that in cinematic, it is like any other), but for your 2nd template its awesome :thumbs_up: (Can still be used in kind of castle defense or something :razz:)
Just push hard and you will one day make UBER terrain :grin:

As you can see site has tutorials use them and upgrade your skill! :pal:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Lol yea :grin:
Thanks!

What can I see from pictures, your castle is really poor (I mean people can't use something like that in cinematic, it is like any other), but for your 2nd template its awesome :thumbs_up: (Can still be used in kind of castle defense or something :razz:)
Just push hard and you will one day make UBER terrain :grin:

As you can see site has tutorials use them and upgrade your skill! :pal:

Sir Yes Sir! :grin:
EDIT: It's my first Template

Last edited by a moderator:
How can one practice to make better terrain anyway? I just can't do it myself, because anything I make seems nice to me, but when I show it to others, then the truth comes out :/

You are right, but you must try harder, I for example don't use map bigger than 128x128, I was limited by number of doodads! Now I use JNG and my map average has over 15.000 doodads :grin:

Don't learn to make terrain on map like Lordaeron Summer/Winter/Fall, Black Citadel!
Learn on Ashenvale or Sunken Ruins (Nature, Forest) or Village (City, Town, Village), because 95% uploaded resources on Hive are good for them!

Also try to avoid Ice terrain, very low number of resources and 'Hard Self Cliffs' because you don't have right tile for cliff stone!

Btw, check my project and see screenshots, you will notice that I don't have fog, special and lightning effect jet (Because map isn't finish and I need to test it first a lot, so I always put that at the end)

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

How can one practice to make better terrain anyway? I just can't do it myself, because anything I make seems nice to me, but when I show it to others, then the truth comes out :/

Xd, I'm actually pretty proud of myself since i haven't got any exceptionally bad reviews, but why is no one rating???:confused:

Also, If You Like the Map Give it a :thumbs_up: on the MiniMod Thing and/or ADD REP! :grin:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

40 DLS ><, i guess templates aren't that welcome eh

Level 5
i can use them but i got no idea what to use them for
im not working on hero def<--Hate them most
or rpg<--Too hard for me
or loap<--not worth making,sure would be rejected

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

i can use them but i got no idea what to use them for
im not working on hero def<--Hate them most
or rpg<--Too hard for me
or loap<--not worth making,sure would be rejected

Lolz, LOAP Sucks!

Level 20
Castle is too symetrical as Kobas said and way too poor :con:
And it actually doesn't look as castle,concrete tile and several buildings don't make a castle. Maybe adding some resident houses. Also maybe making towers a bit larger would be good,compare them to castle,they're too small.

Lolz, LOAP Sucks!

This is rather off-topic,but you can't say if map sux if you don't like it,even though i don't like the LOAP myself.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Lolz, LOAP Sucks!
If everything i said was on-topic i would have 20 posts
Castle is too symetrical as Kobas said and way too poor
And it actually doesn't look as castle,concrete tile and several buildings don't make a castle. Maybe adding some resident houses. Also maybe making towers a bit larger would be good,compare them to castle,they're too small.
Thanks for the feedback!, I'm re-working the castle!

Level 11
Maybe it's a little late, but as the other guys said before me symmetry doesn't look good in most cases. Asymmetry is the way to go. And also, if you'd like to improve your terraining skills - have you thought of imports? Use High-Res Pack perhaps.

I don't want to rate this, rating isn't fair for beginners. If I'd rate this in the beginner class you'd get a rather high score. If i were to rate it compared to all maps there are you'd get a low score.

Yours,
Chizume

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I downoad it but it wont let me look at it ingame
o_O, Interesting, I'll look into it.

Thanks Chizume, i'm still a newbie at terraining but i'll take your suggestions into consideration