• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Caribbean Poisoning (CP)

Reactions: deepstrasz
- Empoisonnement des Caraïbes / Caribbean poisoning (CP) -

Description: In these troubled times! The Caribbean faces poisoning of its lands! Will the kingdoms save themselves or will they continue to fight for future dead land?

General Info:

Players: 1v1
Size: 120 x 120
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

4 Goldmines
2 Shops
1 Market
2 Labs
2 Merco
2 Tavern

Creepcamps:

8 Green
14 Orange
3 Red
Contents

Caribbean Poisoning (CP) (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So, after looking at this map for a while, I still dont have too much to say.... It looks good, maybe a few too large sand-only areas. But on the other hand, there are part of the map which look quite nice and organic. It's of course always possible...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So, after looking at this map for a while, I still dont have too much to say.... It looks good, maybe a few too large sand-only areas. But on the other hand, there are part of the map which look quite nice and organic. It's of course always possible to have more doodads, more variation, etc but I'd say that the map is perfectly in line with what can be reasonably expected of a wc3 melee map.

Gameplay:
1. There's no way around it: The map is very large for a 1v1, maybe too large. It just feels like everything is further away than it "should" be.
2. No complaints about the creeps, but some itemdrops are borderline too strong. In particular the lvl 4 charged from a lvl 15 camp at the labs and maybe also the lvl 16 turtle
3. The central market place layout is dangerous in the midgame, as units/armies might walk past accidentially.
4. Despite the size of the map, the first/second expansions are quite close to each other. I'd consider moving the turtle expansion location more towards the location of the labs. Ofc redesigning a map this way isnt easy, but if you want to also make the small in general, maybe also consider this.

So overall, the map is ok as it is, but probably too large for competitive gameplay. Map approved.

edit: Also, there are unused (?) custom doodads. Consider removing them if they are really not needed.