• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Capture Point Ideas

Whisp or Runes to show 'ownership' (Update options if more suggestions)

• Whisps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Runes

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi, I'm looking for idéas to show a capture point being taken, gradually.

If a capture point is owned by player red and player blue tries to capture it then it will show that it's completly 'owned' by red first and then as time passes it will slowly convert to blue's 'ownership': Red -> Neutral -> Blue

As it's now 4-8 whisps would appear around a circle of power that each represents 1/4 or 1/8 of the time needed to make it neutral or to take over it from neutral, if the unit dies or whatever then the whisps will stay the way they are showing the capture point's current state.

This take up a bit more space than I'd like (since whisps are not flat) however so I've later been thinking more like runes or something.

Both have their pros/cons so I'm looking for other peoples opinions or potential suggestions that might be even better!

Why not progress bar above the capture point ? Otherwise runes.

I want it to be something more of a visual effect with the terrain/enviroment.

Attachments

• Capture Point.png
    Capture Point.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.