1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

CaptainHook.blp

Submitted by Deleted member 238226
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"Tick-tock tick-tock, Hook's afraid of an old dead clock!"

Yarr!!
a skin that i made for my favorite herrdave model
and because i love pirate. :goblin_yeah:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/captain-james-hook-276655/?prev=mmr=6

yes, i already have permission from him. unfortunately, this skin could only fit to the first hook model that he uploaded, as he updated it constantly. so he allow me to provide the first model that i retextured via pastebin. (too bad it doesn't has the other cool animation)

i can't figure out how the wrap on the boots and the pants work. i tried to paint it over and over but it always looks weird :(
so i decided to leave it like the original one.

Download the model here! ->http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/aowz75/_files/CaptainHook.mdx

Enjoy and give credit. or hook will poke you with his hook :3

Keywords:
Pirate, Captain hook, Herrdave, Barbossa, Peter Pan, Wendy, Cartoon.
Contents

Captain Hook (Texture)

Reviews
Heinvers
@Darkfang It's never too late to make one. Why not make one yourself? :] ~Texture approved~
  1. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well this is something.. Oo why is no-one retexturing my models? :p

ah, just kidding :xxd: this turned out pretty nice atm

2. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    His face reminds me of Vendetta :xxd:

Decent work man really, I loved the hat, the robe and all :D

3. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Before I approve this, there are things needed to be considered. Firstly, the texture needs contrasting highlights it looks very dull at the moment. The golden parts however needs more shading. Be advised that the sunlight or light source is above. Secondly, the hair is somewhat weird, it looks straw-like rather than the natural looking flow of hair. It also lacks shading and proper highlights. I don't quite see the pants - it doesn't have any shading and looks quite existent (because it is black fully). Maybe try to use other colors for that part particularly? Lastly, I don't like the beard it also looks unnatural and looks that it was just pasted on his face (on my perspective tho). When things considered (even not all of them), I may probably give another feedback. Good luck!

4. hightlight hm.. still practicing my shading so, i see your point.

and the hair, i'm still pretty bad on making hair. but the straw look is probably because i'm using 1 px pencil tool lol. more than 1 px and it looks really jagged.

about the pants, the wrap on it is quite confusing to deal with. herrdave was also left it black without any shading on the original model. it applies on the boots aswell. i try to shade it but it doesn't looks really well. except if someone can offer a help for it, i may look into it.

k k. probably after my exams done. i update it after that.

5. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Will be hidden until updated.

6. ah yes. forgot about this.

i think i just gonna leave it in the sub-standard/simple resources.
    too busy to update it. and the pants and the boots wrap is not fun to work with :3

7. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Just beautiful! Loved it and now that I'm thinking so...I don't have a pirate hero in my project "War of Sanctity II" . I think I'll use this one. Good job! 5/5 from me.

8. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Moderator comment:

This would be approvable, but there's that little impediment that restricts it from getting through.
    The skin has a milky look. Color contrast plus shading and highlights are not strong enough to make the overall texture stand out in-game.
    Could be fixed quite well with the levels option of your image editing program(e.g. PS).

As well as the lack of actual work absent from the pants wrap.
    This in term gives it a rather lacking look and takes away from the good concept this was going for.

Set to Substandard/Too Simple section until updated.

9. skin updated with new boots, pants, and hat.

10. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I would consider it but do keep in mind that HerrDave's model suffered some changes. So the texture needs some upgrading to fit onto the new un-wrap of the changed model.

Download the model again to see what I'm pointing at.

11. yarr!

the texture is not meant to be used for the model that herrdave provided, but to be used for the model that i provided in my pastebin which is in the skin description.
    because at the time that i made this texture, herrdave was constantly updating his model 5 times, including the wrap and the animation. so i ask if herrdave allow me to upload the model that i retextured into my pastebin and post it into the skin description, and he allow me to do it.

i also more prefer the wrap on the model in my pastebin, and the overall look and the shape of the model. although it's missing the cool animation, but what i can say?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, isn't that mean your skin would be need to be changed aswell? isn't you made a texture for the same model that i provided in my pastebin? because your texture isn't working well for the new hook model. but work with the model in my pastebin.

12. Darkfang

Darkfang

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now that I think about it, how come no one has made a hero out of V Vendetta?

13. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @Darkfang It's never too late to make one. Why not make one yourself? :]

~Texture approved~