• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cant't use imported models {"can't find model", model displaying as a green cube}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey there,

i've got the following problem:
i imported some models from this site to the editor (i did everything just like in the tutorials i think and i've done this before on another pc without the following error)

as i get into the object-editor and choose a imported model for a unit like example.mdx , it shows me something like "can't find example.mdl" and a green cube appears when i place the unit. if i go to the object-editor again, it shows "example.mdl", even if i change it to ".mdx", it appears as "mdl" every time.

i tried this with different models, that should all work

does everyone know what the problem is? or am i doing some basic things wrong, plz help

greets,
pflasti

(if theres an existing thread like this plz send me the link)

Last edited:
Level 31
Always the same problem and always the same answer but always a good chance to receive rep. :D

1. Use the right pathes

Look in the readme file of your downloaded models,
how the right pathes are, in import manager press right click on the imported file, then in context menu click on "Imported File Properties" then tick the box to use a custom path and fill in the path mentioned in the readme file or on the webpage you donwloaded the model
look image:
CustomPath.jpg

2. Re-Open WorldEditor

After you set the right pathes, you have to close the wordleditor and the open it again. If you do not do this and use the model without reopening, there will only be a green box.
After Reopening it will work properly.

Hope you understand

chilla_killa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.