• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

cant open map HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Yes, Huurka is right. What did you do to your map before it was working?
I'm sure you don't use NewGen Pack so first... DOWNLOAD NEWGENPACK. It's basically a much more powerful World Editor, which even backups your map 20-30-something times.
And whatever you do on the computer.. don't forget to keep backups. It costs nothing, it takes a few seconds and it can save your sanity.
I would also like to note that there is a backup map made by the original World Editor. It's called TestMap or something and it's in the "Maps/Test/" folder.

Next time please use the search function or read the FAQ because it's annoying to /facepalm over the same problem every day.

Level 17
Download RTC, it's one of the hosted projects, RTC's features is kewl :p

Inside the folder there, it is a file called World Editor NewGen, click it.

Level 17
Show some effort and read what we said. Let me quote myself.
Yes, Huurka is right. What did you do to your map before it was working?
I'm sure you don't use NewGen Pack so first... DOWNLOAD NEWGENPACK. It's basically a much more powerful World Editor, which even backups your map 20-30-something times.
And whatever you do on the computer.. don't forget to keep backups. It costs nothing, it takes a few seconds and it can save your sanity.
I would also like to note that there is a backup map made by the original World Editor. It's called TestMap or something and it's in the "Maps/Test/" folder.

Next time please use the search function or read the FAQ because it's annoying to /facepalm over the same problem every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.