• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cant Click Model I Made In Map Editor :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, I made a simple wooden foundation model and I cant seem to click it in map editor. I managed to click it once but I was just clicking alot until it worked, but havent had the luck to get it again. Its a small model, well its bigger than a unit model, but its pretty skinny horizontally, but not skinny enough to not be able to click it. I made it using MDL Vertex Modifier.

It also doesnt seem to be centered right, when i place it on map editor, it seems offset and awkward to place. I thought I centered it perfectly before saving it, so I am not sure what to do.

All help appreciated. :)

Best thing would be if you post your model here. But,t if you want to repair it yourself then these bugs might be:

For unclickability:
- Wrong or non extends
- Wrong or non selection boxes
[Both fixable using Magos' Model editor]

For wrong position:
- Not entered in the origin.
[Can be fixed by using vertex modifier and/or geoset translation]

Level 26
first of all you have to enable displaying a collisions shape ( picture 1+2)

after that you can create it with the node manager ( picture 3)

btw: the CA should be a bit bigger that the model

Attachments

• ca1.JPG
    ca1.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 140
  • ca2.JPG
    ca2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 168
  • collisions shape.JPG
    collisions shape.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 137
Level 8
o wow, ty vm man, id give u some more rep but it wont let me yet ^_^

i dont think i would have ever figured this out without ya.

edit- as a side note, is there any way on a model to prevent it from being seen through. The wc3 camera will look through or cut off parts of a model when you are close to it and rotating. It will be ok if your looking at the model, but once u turn left or right a ways it cuts off anything on the edges of your screen that is part of the model. Maybe something to do with the clipping option on magos? or solid wireframe point? Or maybe completely unrelated to modeling and just the wc3 engine, but I thought it doesnt hurt to ask.

lol another edit- ill look for a tut in the mean time, but is there a way to modify uv maping or whatever it is called for skinning on my models. There are sometimes sides of my model that wont be materialized and I am not sure how to assign texture to parts or sides of a model after I have the skin blp made. That is if its possible using magos and oinkerwinkle.

Level 8
hm nice tut, good n short :)

cept i got a problem :(

One side of the model still wont show the skin, it is basically a rectangle very simple, looks like a board kind of like the one above. The end of the board on one side is textured, but the other side wont, so when you look at it, one side has no texture and u just see into the model. It uses the support column skin.

And I also cant get the collision thing to work. I did what you showed, which was great but in map editor it still wont let me click the model. :( I even tried the one you linked. Something may be wrong with the models because I am new to this and may have done something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.