• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I cant get any imported model to work PLZ help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi I know Im nubish, but I came on looking to see if I could download a modern warfare model to put on a character in WC3. I found it and read the tutorial and did just as it said, but there is no "portrait" place to import a portrait but everything else went fine. However I place the unit on the map and I get a cube even when restarted. I go into the game and the only thing I can see is what appears to be the same circular shadow no matter what model I download. I cant click on this shadow either. Ive tried with many models now. It also says, now that the models are on the map, when I reload the mapit tells me "could not load file marinesniperbybrysonx.mdl" -thats not an actual model thats just the generic code that comes up on the bottom.

I tried putting it in different files, re-unzipping them, and reimporting them

plz help I am out of ideas

thankyou

Level 2
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/armadillocanonversion-224075/?prev=r=20&page=2

that is link to first one i have tried but i have also tried many more and no models are working for me. I think it is something im doing but I followed the directions to the T. except for putting in the "portrait file" but there is no place that says "model prtrait file" in object editor, only "model interface" but it cant go there. Im wondering maybe I need to download something extra before I just start downloading models and putting them in to my map editor. I have frozen throne and windows 7 if that helps any.

thankyou for the response it means alot

Level 2
ok i got a ninja model to work fine doing it the same way but it only had "model file" to put in object editor not both "model file and "model file portrait"

Level 2
alright i sorta solved it partially i can not get the ones to work that have the extra blp files but other ones do work so i am fine now i can use one that just have the mdx file or the ones that have the one mdx and one blp with a path by just putting texture in front of it and deleting the war3..../. thankyou for your time though. if you know how to get the other ones to work though with multiple skins i would be interested to hear

... i can not get the ones to work that have the extra blp files...

You need to place the blp with the right path.
Example, the texture path for the footman is:
Textures\Footman.blp

When you download a model, check the texture path for the model.

Also, the portrait has to be imported in the same place of the model, and the name must be same as the model but with _Portrait in the end.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/armadillocanonversion-224075/?prev=r=20&page=2

that is link to first one i have tried but i have also tried many more and no models are working for me. I think it is something im doing but I followed the directions to the T. except for putting in the "portrait file" but there is no place that says "model prtrait file" in object editor, only "model interface" but it cant go there. Im wondering maybe I need to download something extra before I just start downloading models and putting them in to my map editor. I have frozen throne and windows 7 if that helps any.

thankyou for the response it means alot
lol that's my model. :wink: Nice to hear that you can need it. Did you import it properly? So here's how it works: after downloading and unpacking the model, open Warcraft III Editor. Then open the Import Manager. There click on import new and select the ArmadilloCanonVersion & ArmadilloCanonVersion_Portrait files. Then you should have something like war3......./ArmadilloCanonVersion.mdx. Double-click on it. A new, minimized window will pop up. In this window, erase everything except the model name and click OK. Now you should have something like this in the Import Manager: ArmadilloCanonVersion.mdx & ArmadilloCanonVersion_Portrait.mdx This is it! As simple as that. It doesn't require anything extra for importing models. :wink: I hope this helps.

As for models with extra skins (.blp), you need to import the skins as well. In some you have to change the path to Textures/....blp, as Anvil said, and in some you simple erase the pre-fixes as in the models, so that you have something like this Skin.blp The path is stated at the model on the Hive. :wink: Maybe this vid is of help for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.