• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't access maps archive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i can access everything but the maps (ai scripts, textures, triggers, 3d models) is it due to high traffic or a javascript thingy?

i'm using mozilla firefox 1.07, but its also the same with IE 5.0.

any ideas?

Level 3
GMT = greenwich meridian time

if u have any doubts about time, and if u have windows, go to the bottom right of the screen (by default), press twice in the hours and then in the hourly spindle (dunno if u say this in english), u can see all countries GMT...

Level 2
Are you having trouble reading?

I have deleted ALL internet files, that should set the number of maps shown to the default 15. I have also tryed to go on the section at least 10 differnt times. 12 am, 12 pm, 6 am, 6 pm, 3 am, 3 pm, etc. I have tryed everything you people have suggested, and it still does not work.

Level 2
couple of questions:

can i set the maps per page anywhere else besides the map page?

if so where?

are the time-outs from the server due to high traffic?

if the time-outs are client side, where are they located so we can increase them(from the 30 or so seconds to 5 minutes/30minutes that it would take to load)? (each browser is probibly different, i'm useing firefox 1.07)

Level 2
i just tried getting to maps from a back door of sorts:

went into models, clicked on hatchet, clicked on whitehorn, clicked on maps submitted from whitehorn, and same #$%^ error. top bar loads down to the grass, then cuts out. WTF....

Level 2
i get the distint feeling that not accessing the map archive is the big pink elephant in the room that no-one wants to admit because its off again/on again/off again access. add that to the attitude that anyone who comes here asking about it gets, and i think i understand why some of the long-time members are leaving.

if you cant figure it out by now READ THIS:

SOMETHING IS BUGGY WITH THE MAP ARCHIVE!!!

LOOK INTO IT!!!!!!

Level 22
Let me add in my last 2 cents: If it was a site problem, everyone would be experiencing it. I can tell you right now none of the moderators or admins are experiencing this problem, so we don't know what to do about it. I have that same problem with the forums every time I access it, but all I have to do is hit refresh and it is fixed.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.