• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot see model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok... I'm in the process of making a map, and I imported some models. All of them have worked so far, except for 2 that popped up while I was making the troll race.

Here is the link for the model that appeared as a green box with the "cannot load file" text at the bottom. Link below.

Troll Ravager - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Below is the link to the tutorial.

How to import the model Troll Ravager

As I said above, I found that 2 of the models did this, where the model wouldn't show but the button icon did. Is it something I did wrong? Or is my computer having problems or what? Thanks in advance.

P.S. The unit that won't show up is named Berserker, under the orc campaign tab. The other one is named Pikeman in the same tab.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.S. If it is something I did wrong, I'm sorry for taking your time.

P.S.S.S. I know I didn't import everything in each folder - I only imported those that I used. It has worked for all the other models though.

P.S.S.S.S. Sorry about postscripts. :xxd:

Attachments

• Coastal Builder Beta 1.0.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Level 2
I get same problem, but with many models that are here, at this site. Until now, from about 7 models, only one is working for me - Orc Scout Tower

EDIT: Proper list of not working models:
BTNFelOrcCrossbow
FelOrcCrossbowman
JoanOfArc
RiflemanElite
SkeletonFiremage
SkeletonLord

Level 1
Thanks for the reply. I found out how to get some of them working again... it is a small pain though. I just deleted every custom whatever I had on anything and replaced them. Got them all working again. Only had an existing problem with one unit - the pikeman mentioned in my previous post... so I just changed which skin I used (found out the model was a hero anyways). I don't know about most the skins you used, but I have used one of them in the time since I first posted - the FelOrcCrossbow. It seemed to be working fine for me. I think maybe its just the computer being weird, as for most of my models they worked fine for a while but then started not showing... then more started not to show... and more, so on.

Level 2
I understood where is the problem!
If you see green/black square box and error messages that "can't open model file", do everything, as it would work, make a unit, add a model or portrait image and then, Test Map. If model loads and you can see it, everything is ok. If you want to see that model or any image you imported in editor, you need to reopen saved map file and editor will load your imported files and in place of green/black boxes, you will eventually see your imported models! :)
In case, your model is dropping out any other errors, then you should open it with "Warcraft 3 Viewer", for example, and look for "Used texture names", and look if in your MPQ or model package are every texture your model is using...
Hope it helps...

Level 2
i have the same problem...i tryed about 50 models and only the white tiger.mdx model worked =/ Edit: LOLOLOL i was so stupid then when i posted this, its fixable rlly easily in two ways - 1.Reinstall Warcraft 3 2.read every word in the :not sure how to import" thingie.
=] Omigi now every model works fine and i dont even have to Restart World Editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.