• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can you make a certain spell autocast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.V

U.V

Level 7
hmmm
i think Darky27 did something like this in his circle defense map.

i think what he did was make an auto cast dummy spell like parasite or something like that without buffs and by triggers make a function in which whenever the tower uses the auto cast spell on something the trigger would add the real spell to the tower, make cast the spell on the position of the unit-target of the auto cast spell, wait a few moments and then remove the ability.

i never really opened to see but thats quite the basic idea
GOOD NIGHT!!

Level 2
you can do auto cast easy

you can do auto casting for stander spells ONLY! :(
for example

Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point

Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Target point of issued order)

Level 2
Re: you can do auto cast easy

oarb said:
you can do auto casting for stander spells ONLY! :(
for example

Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point

Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Target point of issued order)

wrong, try again, thats the base ability, modify blink and call it map warp, give it to the unit and order it to blink, its because of the order id.

Level 5
well for ensnare, i think it's ez, use web and change eveything to like ensnare, change targets to enemy, ground, air, change model file to ensnare, and blah blah blah, call it ensnare, i didn't try it but i'm sure it will work..

Status
Not open for further replies.