• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Can you help me with leaks and explain how to fix delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im kinda grasping triggering, can anyone tell me if i have any leaks? Also, when i cast the spell, theres like a delay before the caster dummies spawn.

• Riptide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Riptide
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) face (Target point of ability being cast) over 0.01 seconds
      • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 75.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Caster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint2 facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to ((Level of Riptide for (Triggering unit)) + 5)
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Riptide[0]
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Force Of Nature expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set life of (Last created unit) to (1.00 x (1.00 x (Real((Level of Riptide for (Triggering unit))))))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)

• riptideloop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Riptide[0] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Custom value of TempUnit) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove all units from Riptide[0]
              • Unit Group - Remove all units from Riptide[1]
              • Custom script: call GroupClear ( udg_Riptide[0] )
              • Custom script: call GroupClear ( udg_Riptide[1] )
            • Else - Actions
              • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Last created unit))
              • Set TempPoint2 = (TempPoint offset by 150.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
              • Unit - Create 1 Caster for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at TempPoint2 facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to ((Custom value of TempUnit) - 1)
              • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Riptide[1]
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Force Of Nature expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 120.00 of TempPoint2 matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of TempUnit)) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + ((Percentage life of TempUnit) x 75.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
      • Set TempUnit = No unit

Last edited:
Level 5
yep, so uh lemme see if i can copy better. can anyone tell me how to have that reveal bar?

Last edited:
Level 5
i fixed the reveal thing. but can you tell me a way to make the triggers occur right as i click? or is this an animation problem. also... is there a way to make the triggers more efficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.