• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone PLEASE make an icon for that model:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Can any of you guys make a suitable icon for this model please? I REALLY need it i would be very grateful if someone makes it for me.
thanks in advance.

Level 12
I can try.
assassink.jpg

see link to download. Only the image don't got border.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=qravqd

Level 2
... no. I... this is my first request here. I just needed an icon for the model. Isn't it that simple?

Mapmaking is private use. He is using resources to construct a level for a game. And if that doesn't convince you, screenshot icons are just as bad as making a custom icon of a model without the author's permit and putting it in your map.

And if that doesn't convince you, there is a map called WOA: Desert Winds in the Map Development thread that uses loads of WoW rips, further reinforcing that you can use CnP, Screenies, or game rips in YOUR map, which is even worse than some screenshot icons, and no one has complained yet(as far as I know).

Level 2
Anyway. The icon Goolygot made me was nothing much but i appreciate it. Anyway i think it would be better if i ask the very author of the model if he can design an icon for the model.

Level 23
Freehanded icons: no permission is needed because it's your own piece of artwork, however, a permission/credit of the models creator is a polite thing, because you're still using his idea

Screenshot icon: permission should be given before doing this, since you directly use other's work and screenshot it. (of course you can not force anybody to get permission) however at least credits should be given. Otherwise you should think if you really should use other peoples work because if you do not one of this things it seems that you cannot value other peoples work ---> you should not use it then!

Level 23
Here, I don't care about the rules anymore. All rep and credits go to Goolygot, I just added a black background and borders. If you wanna follow the rules, then don't use them.

@Morbid: Dude, of course the mapper will add credits! I mean, the whole point of a screenshot icon is to suit a custom model, so, unless he uses the icon and not the model, which is quite stupid, then he will at least assume to add credits. I value people's resources, just not AS much as when doing something so minor as taking a picture of a model for a game.

1. Please don't call me Dude. I dislike that a lot, since I'm not your dude.
(I do not know you in any way and this is only acceptabel by General Frank and some others)

2. If you do not care about the rules, you should consider leaving hive, since following the rules is appreciated here.

3. I fear not everybody does give credits automatically.

4. Just drop it.

Reactions: ZIR
1. Why are you turning everyday modern colloquial language into an offensive flame that I made at you? Are you going to report me for writing 'dude'?

2. I'M allowed to MAKE screenshot icons, as that is a private use, no? If the person doesn't want to use them because of the rules, like I said, he doesn't have to.

3. The majority of mappers do. If they don't, the map will be rejected and consequently, the resource becomes 'private' once again.

4. Stop arguing with me. I've stated my points. And lighten up towards a gaming website and the guys who write 'dude' in it. If a mod says that it is illegal to do so, I'll delete my last post.

Level 23
I said I do not want to be called "DUDE" by you, since I'm not your dude. And no, I did not report you since there was no reason for that.
Just do not call me dude.

And your agumentation does not follow any point and is obviously random. So yeah let's stop arguing please!

Status
Not open for further replies.