• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

can somebody make a lich king arthas skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hey guys i got this model which i edited to have the real shoulders and any way the skin is rubish.. it was bad enough before i made the modification, but now its just pathetic ^^ can some body help.

this is the model

http://rapidshare.com/files/10298692/Arthas_Lich_king.mdx.html

this is its current skin >_>

http://rapidshare.com/files/10299174/ArthaN.blp.html

thanks a heap for reading, and even more if you help me.

i really need this asap, sorry to pressure. thanks again.

oh and btw pm me if u have questions or issues

Level 4
im so sorry about that... here they are now, thanks FOR TAKING AN INTREST! :) its a great community

Attachments

• Arthas Lich king.mdx
    281.2 KB · Views: 159
  • ArthaN.blp
    201.6 KB · Views: 130
Level 4
oh by the way i know the sword and helmet are missing but i already have them as working item attatchments which i will use for him ingame

sorry 4 the doublepost my mistake

Level 4
the cape and the shoulders, i would prefer him to have a dark blue or black cape, thanks so much again ur the best

Level 45
hmm.. i dunno, where did u get the shoulders from? They might be abit hard to fix the uv since the shoulder pad shape is very complex...even for me (i use vertex mod to edit slight things like this, but in this case its..too much since the uv tool sucks)...

I mean.. its too much trouble... i dunno.. i am sorry..

EDIT: and from what im guessing you edited clotaire model?

Level 4
those are actually taken from thearthas campaign screen back drop model lol heres a link of a pic of him http://www.blizzard.com/war3x/images/wallpaper/frozenthrone-800x.jpg plz can u do anything to make them look just a tad better, i mean right now they have peices of his hair on them lol and yes i think i used that model, but you have to say those shoulders make him look a hell of a lot better lol also can the cape be fixed, anything would be appreciated, thanks

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The shoulderpads are way too highly detailed for Warcraft, first of all. You could easily recreate the same shape and idea with half the detail.

Second, your UV, as in how the texture wraps onto the model, for the shoulder pads would seem to stretch over the rest of the skin. If someone were to try to re-skin them, they would get the shoulder pad texture all over the rest of the model.

The solution would be to either

A: Re UV-map the shoulder pads so they can be re-skinned without ruining the rest of the model.

B: Make a newer, more simple version of the shoulder pads, which will UV-map much easier.

C: Same for the cape, you have to UV map it.

Maybe the solution would be to make a separate texture for the shoulders and cape, and UV-map them to that texture. That would be the more likely solution.

In short, this is hardly just a skinning problem. It's going to require a lot more work.

Level 4
i have never heard of the ter uv before but what i get from what you have just posted is that i should seperate the models of arthas and the shoulders, i do not see why the cape should be seperated though as thsi cape is so simply constructed... also i am having trouble with attatch points, how do you attatch somthing to the shoulders because the closest i have found is chest

p.s. are you saying that if i seperate the shoulders you would be able to do them?

Status
Not open for further replies.