• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can not display more than the latest 30 alerts, after a long inactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
So I am logging in again on THW after more than one month. The top right red indicator informs me that I have 48 alerts pending to review. When I want to see a list of said 48 alerts, I am made aware of the 30 latest ones (which corresponds to one page displayed), which is the expected behavior.

Problem: unfortunately, there seems to be no way to click anywhere for page 2 (which has the remainder of alerts to review) to display. Is it a bug, or is it a feature?

On my side, I seem to have no way to change this behavior in my alert preferences.
I know that when I visit the Hive on a regular basis, the server can remember at least up to three pages of my past alerts.

Tia for your help and answers regarding that matter.

(For the record, I need to go back in time starting from March 22, to see what my 18 previous other alerts were about).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Have you tried Watched Threads instead?
watched.png

EDIT: of course it won't work for profile messages...

Last edited:
Reactions: pyf

pyf

pyf

Level 32
... as well as for many other things (reputation given, any new followers, me being mentioned anywhere...). But anyway, thanks for your help.

There are already the yellow arrow + sunglasses visual cues to help guide me around. But that's all afaik.

As a shot in the dark, typing https://www.hiveworkshop.com/account/alerts/page=2 unfortunately does not bring me any additional info ('The requested page could not be found'). Or maybe I am not doing it right?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
There is a 'Show all..." page when you open the alert page. It has pages at the bottom.
Thanks. I know, as this is the expected behavior. Unfortunately, it did (and still does) not show any alert before March 22 (even though it should), save for one. This was already the case when I decided to create the thread to report this. Again, only the first page (with the latest 30 entries, up to March 22) is displayed, and there is no other page(s)/info available about any previous entries, despite the fact I was made aware I had 48 alerts pending. This means that I have 18 alerts left to find/identify.

By cross-referencing the info provided by 'All watched threads' between the last time I posted (March 11) before going silent, and the earliest entry in my list of alerts (March 22), I understand that 9 of these 18 remaining alerts were related to at least one new post in one of the threads I am watching.

This leaves me with only 9 alerts left to identify; they happened between March 22 and March 11. They could be profile post comments, or me being mentioned somewhere, or a mention of any new follower, or whatever else. Those may require extra investigations to track down.

I am guessing that when one has to log in again after an unspecified period of time, one may discover that only the latest of his past alerts are displayed (up to 30, which fits one page), while the other previous ones have been previously discarded/deleted by the server. However, the total count of past alerts (displayed in the red box) is not adjusted accordingly.

Could that make sense?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
bump!

Still unsolved, unfortunately. This time I had 100 pending alerts to review, but I can currently only view the latest 24 ones (ranging from Tuesday down to July 22, 2020). No page 2 to click on, and no "Show all" anywhere that I could see. How annoying...

This time, I had managed to never get unlogged from THW by refreshing the Forums page only, in the hopes that all the alerts would then be kept safe by the server, contrary to the last time. Had this been successful, this would have amounted to several (4?) pages of alerts for me to review today. Alas, no luck...

Apologies to anyone who might have posted something for me to read prior to July 22. With the pandemic still a thing in France, my internet schedule is very... erratic, and I do not have enough internet time for everything. Therefore, I have to make drastic choices regarding my online activity.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
bump!

After another long period of inactivity here (since before Halloween), I have just tried to have a look at my 80 pending alerts until today; only the latest 33 ones displayed. The oldest one available is dated December 27. I hope this issue will be fixed for good with Remoosed.

Again, apologies to anyone concerned. For the record, I still can not manage my alerts on a regular daily/weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.