• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can Bribe's GUI Damage Engine differentiate spell and physical damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
there is a damage system that detects physical and spell damage though. Not sure which one it is tho.

It may be lfh's.

It's pretty simple to use if you know vJASS, but lfh's can also detect the difference, and it's GUI, but it's poorly coded and has bad performance

Then I will try to learn vJASS and use yours.. >_<

Level 11
mine is going to have some performance boosts in the future + dynamic events + unit specific events ;D

Hey, Nes. I was trying to slightly modify your demonstration by doing this, but it did not work:
JASS:
if (archetype == Archetype.PHYSICAL)and (targetId == 'Hmkg' ) then
            set damage = damage - GetHeroStr(target,false)
        endif

Did I do something wrong? I want to set physical damage reduction for mountain king.

Edit: I changed it like this and it worked: :)
JASS:
if (archetype == Archetype.PHYSICAL)and (GetUnitTypeId(target) == 'Hmkg' ) then
            set damage = damage - GetHeroStr(target,false)
        endif

Use LFH if you want to filter out damage and know if it was Physical, Spell or Code.

Bribe's doesn't do that.

Thanks for the information.

Level 11
no, they aren't the same thing

damage reduction minimum is 0
damage absorption minimum is < 0

If a unit has 10 hp and takes 5 damage, and then you do

set damage = -damage

That unit will then heal for 5 hp instead of taking 5 damage (-5 damage).

Got it, thanks.
I have a problem with the system, when I set
JASS:
 set s__DDS_DDS__damage_p = 1

There is no effect at all, the unit takes the same amount of damage as if s__DDS_DDS__damage_p is not set to 1.... I think I did something wrong, but not sure what went wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.