• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm having some serious problems with campaign editor. First: what is that import manager in the campaign editor good for if NONE of the maps accepts the things imported there? If i load a campaign with imported stuff in the campaign editor, and the first map would use something from it, it just makes an error mesage.
Second: one of my maps just don't want to start. I CAN play that map if it isn't in the campaign, but the trigger on the previous map just doesn't start it, instead it instantly drops out to the campaign window.
I altered the trigger to show the button for the map too, but i did not worked either, and even if i clicked on the map button it DID NOT start the map.

If anyone has more experience in campaigns than me then plz post something.
I thought campaign editing will be so easy, you just have to gather the maps... but it isn't. I must have forgotten something or made a mistake.

Level 8
I haven't gone through the complete process of assembling a campaign, but I have used the campaign Import tab just fine for all the maps in it; I'm not sure what your problem with that is.

Regarding transferring between maps, I don't know what the necessary triggers are to do that, but if you post the triggers that you have (using "Copy as Text") here, we can at least take a look at what you're doing and suggest areas for improvement.

Level 5
Strange... I imported a blp at the camp. editor import man., but when i loaded the map what would use it, it crashed as soon as this blp would have appeard.
It did not occured when i manually did this at map import man.

The map switching triggers are mainly the following:
Game - Set the next level to (Map Name).w3x
Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Skip dialogs, Skip scores).

(Map name is the name of the map, it is spelled correctly in the orig trigger, i checked it)

That's all. This trigger is started by the victory condition. I use another of this trigger what refers to an other map, and it works.
Hmm maybe i cannot refer to two maps from one map???

Level 4
Your second problem is actually something similar to the one I just fixed (yay!). I'm not sure what's causing your particular problem though. Have you made sure to add the map to the list of maps in the campaign? That was probably a stupid question.

Status
Not open for further replies.