• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Campaign Screen WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Well, today I was strapped for Ideas, so I decided to make a Campaign Screen. I looked over s few of the ingame ones to give me an idea of how to light them, sense that seems to be one of the big problems with making one. I decided on making on asfter a sketch I made a few days ago. It's a Nerubian based one. I still need to add a few things and some animation to teh skeletons in teh background, but I think its showable right now.

UPDATE 7.16.07: Got a new model in for the Neruian. and Unforunatly, the animated skeletons bugged it, So I'm gonna have to find somthing else to do with them.

Attachments

• Picture(NerubianSketch).jpg
    Picture(NerubianSketch).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 264
  • CampScreenWIP.JPG
    CampScreenWIP.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 347
  • CampScreenWIP2.jpg
    CampScreenWIP2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Level 12
How do you make a campaign screen? That looks like a screen shot, but it can't be because screens are normally animated... Anyways, I think it needs to be more detailed. This close, the nerubian just looks way messed up. You should take some time and clean his model up so it looks nice and high poly for this. And maybe bring the skeles a bit closer? I really would have a hard time knowing what they were if I wasnt told.

Level 31
A campaign screen is just an mdx. You just need a camera and a few lights. This is actully bassed off the Nerubian Portrait, and thats the current camera. I was trying to make it look like the nerubian is looking around the corner at the skeletons, which are off in the distance on another ledge. Its hard to see, but there is snow falling. I'll probably clean it up a bit before I post another picture.

Level 13
why not make it look like a platoon of skeletons were marching up ? seems alot cooler to me.

Also: both models look like ASS this close up IMO. thats why blizzard made custom campaing screen models.

Level 31
Origional head? I'm not quite sure what your talking about. If you think I'm using the head from the nerubian model, I'm not. I just put the cloth on its head t make it look more alive and less dead. I knew it covered stuff up, but that was the only way I could think of to make him look a little more alive besides a new skin, which I kinda did.

The pic shows what it's like without the cloth.

Attachments

• CampScreenWIP3.jpg
    CampScreenWIP3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 295
Level 31
Actully, he's not scared of the skeletons. If you recall teh story of the fall of Ajzol-Nerub, the Nerubians used hit and run(geurilla) tactics to stay ahead of the Undead in the begining of the War of the Spider. This screen is supposed to show a Nerubian Warrior looking around a corner, preparing to attack a small scouting party of skeletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.