• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign pitch; A Grim Future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok, well I think its about time someone started another campaign.

I have written a bit of the script, its not nearly done, but its enough to start a project.
So before i start yammering on about who I will need, im going to show some of the script, and the idea of the campaign:

Main idea:
A Grim Future is based around the life of a human farmer “Johnson”, and a terrible plague that seems to target royalty! After Johnson finds that he dashed to the kingdom, Roengar, to give a message to a corpse, he swears he will find the king’s killer and kill him for wasting his time!

Thats the main idea, its a little strange, but it's a good start.

And heres intro i wrote, needs a bit of touching up but:

Intro:
A lone figure stands on a knoll, surrounded by mountains of semi-transparent ice-crystals. The figure himself, clothed in a black cloak rimmed with red that covered the figures entire body. In a slow, low-pitched voice, the figure spoke: “You’re late.” There was a short pause. Suddenly, a gust of wind, and a flash of light, a short dwarflike man seemed to have materialized by the tall figures side. Only about half the cloaked figures height, in a full almost ethereal chain mail armor. The dwarf gave a hoarse reply “Yeh can’ expect me ta’ be on time, naught wif all ta’ preparations that mus be mayde.” The taller figure laughed, and said: “Always excuses. I know full well you can’t make preparations without the king’s consent. But, enough squabble, down to business. As you know, the leaders of all mankind species have all been mysteriously dying to a plague. Strangely enough, the plague seems to only affect royalty. Now tell me, why is that?” The dwarf became stony and sadly replied “Yes it as’ taken Aghramad las’ month. Ill bet you my soul, its those damned elves!” “Elves?” came the taller figures reply with a laugh. “Elves can barely weave a shield spell, let alone a complicated plague. No, its not the elves work. I think we have more of a problem then is visible. Someone with enough power to create a plague, that specifically targets royalty is dangerous. Only a few people in existence can weave a plague. And out of them, I don’t see any bothering to.” “Da’ ya’ think it could be a demons work?” The figure turned his back to the dwarf. “It’s a distinct possibility. But let’s not come to such dramatic conclusions yet. As you know, demons were banished away over a hundred years ago. But if the demons were back… Even I shudder to think of the chaos that would cause…”
*Camera fades out*

So thats the intro. Its a bit rough, but it works. So as you can see, elves are no longer the creme-de-la-creme of races, and its already a confusing story :p.

So now, on to who I'm going to be needing:

A terrainer, definantly going to need a terrainer.

Skinner, this is also a must.

Modeler, very important. (I know my name is modeler and all, but i suck at modeling :p)

Voice actor(s), eh not required, but it adds to the overall effect of the game.

Artist, Someone who can do the icons, loading screens, ect.

Spells, triggers, and cinematics im probably going to end up with all 3, but theyse positions are all open.

Well if you're interested in a position, have any questions/suggestions/ideas post here. Criticizm, comments, post here.

Level 9
Systems:

Ok, i thought it over, and I decided this campaign will not use any of wc3 systems, except movement.

Theyse are all beta-ideas:

-------------
Battle system:
Wc3 battle system is great, but its old. There needs to be something new. So I think I'm going to totaly replace the battle sytem, with a turn-based attack system (Like FF).
This system will include:
-A 3v3 battle system. (So three enemies VS 3 allies.)
-A way to switch between party members, in battle and out.
-Several classes to choose from (Each party member can swap between any class. I'm thinking Warrior, Cleric, Mage, Brute, Priest, Weaver.)
-Class change (out of battle only)
-Items, weapons, ect.
-Twelve spells per class.
-Over 100 class-specific items, and another 100 non-specific items.

Thats just the outline, it could be the system is to complicated to impliment, in which case the alternative is the basic Wc3 system.
-----------

This section will be updated later as things progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.