• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi. I have finished the creation of 10 maps with which I want to campaign, each map is perfectly playable if I try them separately, with it there is no problem; each weighs more than 16 MB. My problem is that when trying to generate a Campaign, it throws an error saying that the map has errors or is corrupt ... does anyone know if there is a size limit on the map to create a campaign? Or is it because of some step that I have skipped? I already configured name, description, buttons and others, but it keeps happening. Help!

Could you explain what you mean by when you try to generate the campaign it gives you an error? Do you mean save it? If so is this after you've added your maps or done anything else?

Generally speaking you should edit your maps by adding them to the campaign then clickig the edit map button in the campaign editor rather than making the maps first then adding them which is what i think youve done.

Level 6
Could you explain what you mean by when you try to generate the campaign it gives you an error? Do you mean save it? If so is this after you've added your maps or done anything else?

Generally speaking you should edit your maps by adding them to the campaign then clickig the edit map button in the campaign editor rather than making the maps first then adding them which is what i think youve done.

I made the maps before creating the campaign. The error is generated when testing the campaign from the game, that is, it is already finished and saved, but when I want to play it, it throws an error ... how can I solve that?

Level 6
[QUOTE = "Footman16, post: 3418948, member: 219951"] ¿Podría explicar a qué se refiere cuando intenta generar la campaña que le da un error? ¿Quieres decir guardarlo? Si es así, ¿es esto después de que haya agregado sus mapas o hecho algo más?

En términos generales, debe editar sus mapas agregándolos a la campaña y luego haciendo clic en el botón Editar mapa en el editor de la campaña en lugar de hacer los mapas primero y luego agregarlos, que es lo que creo que ha hecho. [/ QUOTE]
upload_2020-4-25_0-48-38.png

Level 6
[QUOTE = "Footman16, post: 3418948, member: 219951"] ¿Podría explicar a qué se refiere cuando intenta generar la campaña que le da un error? ¿Quieres decir guardarlo? Si es así, ¿es esto después de que haya agregado sus mapas o hecho algo más?

En términos generales, debe editar sus mapas agregándolos a la campaña y luego haciendo clic en el botón Editar mapa en el editor de la campaña en lugar de hacer los mapas primero y luego agregarlos, que es lo que creo que ha hecho. [/ QUOTE]
upload_2020-4-25_1-11-40.png
upload_2020-4-25_1-12-12.png
upload_2020-4-25_1-12-24.png
upload_2020-4-25_1-12-39.png

upload_2020-4-25_1-13-25.png

upload_2020-4-25_1-13-43.png

Level 20
Okay, so I think I had a similar issue once, albeit it was a fairly long time ago and my memory might not be particularly accurate. Anyway, what I believe the problem is that you're using a lot of imported assets, but you've imported them to individual map files, not the campaign file (i.e. you have maps with imported stuff inside the campaign file). To test that theory, I recommend that you do the following:

1) Save a backup version of your campaign or your maps.

2) Load any map from the campaign editor screen and remove every single imported file inside the map (i.e. when you open the import manager - not the import tab in the campaign editor - it should be empty).

3) If this will allow you to load that map through the campaign file then my theory is most likely correct, in which case you will have to go through the pain of migrating your imported data from maps to the campaign editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.