• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Camera system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey hive, I could use some help with making a dynamic camera system (gui based)

I have a basic idea for it, but my knowledge in gui is slightly noobish still.

• Example
    • Events
      • Player - (Player((Execution count of Untitled Trigger 002 <gen>))) Presses the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions Some type of timer that counts to 5
    • Actions set camera to this if the up botten is held for 5 seconds...
      • set camera to this if the up botten is held for 10 seconds...
Basically some type of condition that counts to certain times, and then for those times the key is held down it dose that action.

Is this sort of thing possible is GUI? +rep for help and all the brownie points i can offer :grin:

Level 19
nope. i (And probally else) have no clue what ur talkin bout lol. please elaborate.

Level 3
I need something that counts for how long a player holds a key down, and when that condition is meat, (a player holds the down button for 5 seconds, do this action) (a player holds the down button for 10 seconds do this action) Like a condition that knows when a player is holding a key down for x amount of time.

Level 3
Tirlititi- if you could please give an example, i know what you mean but im having trouble finding the right triggers.

• Press Key
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Key Timer Count <gen>
  • Key Timer Count
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TimeKeyPressed = (TimeKeyPressed + 0.10)
  • Release Key
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Releases the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Key Timer Count <gen>
      • Game - Display to Player 1 (Red) the text: (You pressed the left arrow key during + (String(TimeKeyPressed)) + seconds.)
      • Set TimeKeyPressed = 0.00
I'm using a french WE, so I tried to translate it into english but i'm not sure these are the exact words. Also, the "Key Timer Count" should be disabled at start.

Status
Not open for further replies.