• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Camera System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here are the Triggers for the Camera System that is at the same angle as the Diablo Video shows and can be controlled with Arrow keys. All you have to do is copy the "Camera Triggers" category folder in the Map's Trigger Editor Module and than paste it into your Maps. You have to create the follow variables before pasting the triggers:

Name - Variable Type - Initial Value

AOA - Real - 310.00
DIS - Real - 1800.00
DIS_R - Real - 50
Move_Down - Boolean - False ( Default )
Move_Left - Boolean - False ( Default )
Move_Right - Boolean - False ( Default )
Move_Up - Boolean - False ( Default )
ROT - Real - 45.00
ROT_R - Real - 5.00
Hope its not too much but in the Included "Map Init" Trigger just Change the Lock Camera Target to your own Unit or Var.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• CameraSystemExample.w3x
    14.2 KB · Views: 64
Level 4
Thank you for the Rep :), but with your inquiry with:
but i want angle too :) then its finished

how would you like the angle to be controlled? because currently I have:
  • Left and Right = Control Rotation
  • Up and Down = Control Distance
thank you. I really want to create a camera system that fits someones requirements to the fullest.

Level 11
you could like swap between the angle and the distance or the angle and the rotation :) Like if i press a button on the keyboard the its swapped and a text comes forward and says Angle mode activated and if you press that key again it stands rotation mode activated. Something like that :) and please don't use the esc key as a swapping key i got plans for that key :)

And ofc Many many Thanks! Your credits will be on loading screen or ingame credits :)

Level 4
Here you go here is the complete list of variables to be included, and the new variables are in bold.

attachment.php

-as GhostThruster corrected me, just copy the variables from the trigger module from the map.
Name - Variable Type - Initial Value - Usage

AOA_R - Real - 5.00 - Defines the Degrees to Move/Change AOA
UPDOWN_Mode - Boolean - True - Keeps track of Camera Mode
AOA - Real - 310.00 - Initial Angle to Start At, Keeps track of Camera Angle
DIS - Real - 1800.00 - Initial Distance from Character to Start At, Keeps track of Camera Distance
DIS_R - Real - 50 - Defines the increments of movement of the Camera.
Move_Down - Boolean - False ( Default ) - Tracks if Key Pressed
Move_Left - Boolean - False ( Default ) - Tracks if Key Pressed
Move_Right - Boolean - False ( Default ) - Tracks if Key Pressed
Move_Up - Boolean - False ( Default ) - Tracks if Key Pressed
ROT - Real - 45.00 - Initial Angle of Rotation the Camera Starts At, Keeps track of Rotation.
ROT_R - Real - 5.00 - Defines the Degrees to Rotate the Camera in either direction.
Enjoy the Camera System, I can't wait to see the Release of your Project on the Hive! :)

Attachments

• CameraSystemExample.w3x
    15.3 KB · Views: 57
  • CameraMovementRepresentation.png
    CameraMovementRepresentation.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.