• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Camera Rotation System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Hey, I'm making a map where the terrain is a little tricky (lots of steep hills and twisty paths) and it's impossible to see where you're going at the standard rotation. What I want is a system where when your unit faces a different direction, the camera will rotate to that direction (and it will follow the unit, too)

Level 7
I've done this a long time ago. It's pretty simple, all the camera setting actions are lumped together. Just lock the camera to the unit and set the angle of attack to a different angle, and on a periodic timer set the rotation of the camera to the facing angle of the unit. You'll just have to trial and error to get the distance and aoa just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.