• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Camera and Arrow Keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,
How do you get the camera to follow a unit with out clicking on the portrait and also how do you move a unit with the arrow keys?

Level 8
Just do

• Camera Lock
  • Events
    • Ur events
  • Conditions
    • Ur conditions
  • Actions
    • Camera - Lock camera over (your unit) with unit's default rotation.
Movement:
  • trigger movement
    • Events
      • Player 1 presses (somewhere) arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (your unit) to move to point with offset over (the angle corresponding the key facing)
Otherwise make 4 spells, and to each spell u attach a trigger like this :

• spell movement
  • Events
    • An ability is being cast
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to (the movement ability)
  • Actions
    • Order (casting unit) to move to point with offset over angle (the angle depends on the movement face u want the ability to do ... or whatever ...)

Level 3
Is there anyway to simplify this arrow movement keys because what I ended up with is:
Player - Player 1 presses a key (up)

Unit - Order (My unit) <gen> to Move to ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (0.00, 0.00))

So could you please help me out because im confused :witch_doc_sad:.

Level 8
Well, i mean something like this

Unit - Order Blood Mage 0000 <gen> to Move To ((Position of Blood Mage 0000 <gen>) offset by 9999999.00 towards 180.00 degrees)

the 180 degrees is i think is right. Meaning that with Event - Player presses Right Arrow Key will have to continue with Actions :

Unit - Order Blood Mage 0000 <gen> to Move To ((Position of Blood Mage 0000 <gen>) offset by 9999999.00 towards 180.00 degrees)

Got the point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.