• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Calling you out Gamesplit Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello =)

I'm having issue with Gamesplit in my map thats happen randomly mostly past the 30 minutes marks.

I changed all the real times wait to polled wait

I examined if the map was leaking etc

I searched for the getlocalplayer() things and here is what i found in the custom script section of the trigger menu

Can one of those script cause Gamesplit? I really dont feel like removing any of em:sad:
JASS:
function PlaySoundForPlayer takes player whichPlayer, sound whichSound returns nothing
if ( whichPlayer == GetLocalPlayer() ) then
call PlaySoundBJ( whichSound )
endif
endfunction

// YAAAAAY, now i have my own jass in my map YAAAY        

// The fade filter jass code was taken from W3 search and is originaly made by Jukebox42 . Respect dude
// LocalCinematicFade( FADETYPE, DURATION, STRING, RED%, GREEN%, BLUE%, TRANSPARENT%, PLAYER)
// This jass code worked perfectly in "Test Map", but caused the server split, so everyone was kicked exept the host, when played online. U can see the activation string in the map OTHER/PRESS ESCAPE 

function LocalCinematicFade takes integer fadetype, real duration, string tex, real red, real green, real blue, real trans, player toPlayer returns nothing
    if (GetLocalPlayer() == toPlayer) then
        if (fadetype == bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUT) then
            // Fade out to the requested color.
            call AbortCinematicFadeBJ()
            call CinematicFadeCommonBJ(red, green, blue, duration, tex, 100, trans)
        elseif (fadetype == bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEIN) then
            // Fade in from the requested color.
            call CinematicFadeCommonBJ(red, green, blue, duration, tex, trans, 100)
            call FinishCinematicFadeAfterBJ(duration)
        elseif (fadetype == bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUTIN) then
            // Fade out to the requested color, and then fade back in from it.
            if (duration > 0) then
                call CinematicFadeCommonBJ(red, green, blue, duration * 0.5, tex, 100, trans)
                call ContinueCinematicFadeAfterBJ(duration * 0.5, red, green, blue, trans, tex)
                call FinishCinematicFadeAfterBJ(duration)
            endif
        else
            // Unrecognized fadetype - ignore the request.
        endif
    endif
endfunction

Level 2
i don't think the cinematic fade was really used anywhere in the map anyway so i just removed the function.

What about the sound script? We use this one ALOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.