• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Calling BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown crashes the game on cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey guys!

So, I'm using a spell based off of 'Chemical Rage' - I'm using Jass to reduce the cooldown of this ability forever by 1 second. The problem is that it crashes the game when I cast it next. Got any ideas?

JASS:
            // Reduce the cooldown of the ultimate ability
            set levelOfAbility = GetUnitAbilityLevel(this.target, SPELL_E_ID)
            set cooldown = BlzGetUnitAbilityCooldown(this.target, SPELL_E_ID, levelOfAbility)

if cooldown - this.getCooldownReduction() > 1 then
                call BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown(this.target, SPELL_E_ID, levelOfAbility, cooldown - this.getCooldownReduction())
            else
                call BlzSetUnitAbilityCooldown(this.target, SPELL_E_ID, levelOfAbility, 1)
            endif

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
The cooldown is definitely being set correctly. I'm seeing it being reduced (By logging the cooldown via BlzGetCooldownRemaining) go from 200.00 -> 199.00 -> 198.00 etc.

But the moment the ability is cast and the cooldown has been altered at all, the map crashes.

hmm...

Level 12
which event amre you using for that trigger? If you are using spell cast event, try using the starts-effect equivalent instead--maybe setting the cooldown at that time is bugging out the engine.

You can also try doing a 0 second timer before setting the cooldown and see if that fixes the crash.

It's called from a periodic timer, when <this> custom missile enters within 50 units of the target.

There's no crash on other abilities, maybe its *just* Chemical Rage that's broken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.