• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buying Skills Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yea im making a map that involves that buying a skill like in The Great Strategy, im using WE unlimited. I got it to the point where the unit can buy the ability but i cant get it to level up when u buy it again...HELP!

Level 1
Ok well my triggers are like this

Event
Unit - A unit Acquires an item

Condition
Item-type of (item being manipulated)) equal to devotion aura (its my test ability)

Action
Unit - Add Devotion Aura to (Hero Manipulating Item)

This trigger works fine, now wat i cant get is how to upgrade that added ability

My 2nd trigger is

Event
Unit - A unit Acquires an Item

Condition
((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Devotion Aura) and ((Level of Devotion Aura for (Hero Manipulating Item)) greater than or equal to 1)

Actions
Obsolete - Set the level for Devotion Aura for (Hero Manipulating Item) to ((Level of Devotion Aura for (Hero Manipulating Item)) + 1)

The problem is the trigger is obsolete i think, it would be very helpful if someone could give me the correct action trigger.

Level 1
The map is protected i think cuz i cant open it or it has some trigger that my editor doesnt recognize

Level 13
You can check if your trigger is working by adding a "Game - Text message"-action in the last one, e.g. a message that says "trigger is working"

Actions
[Add it here]
Obsolete - Set the level for Devotion Aura for (Hero Manipulating Item) to ((Level of Devotion Aura for (Hero Manipulating Item)) + 1)

Though you can be sure that events/conditions are working (if you didn't already do so). I'll see if I find a solution.

Level 1
i c the problem, wat i meant was that my trigger's action is obsolete in the editor, which means it does nothing because the undated it to another trigger. What i was asking is if you could give me the action part of the trigger where it does work. The trigger is working tho cuz i tried ur game - text msg idea.

Level 3
If you add a ability to a unit with triggers, you can't upgrade them anymore.

The only solution is to create an upgrade for every spell with "Data" = "Ability Level Increasement", "Basic" = "1", "Increaseme0nt" = "0".
Also you have to add every upgrade to the "Used Upgrades" of your hero.
Put every upgrade in a upgrade-aray variable and then use this function in the trigger editor:
"Player - Set Upgrade Level Of udg_upgrades[xx] To (Upgrade Level of udg_upgrades[xx] + 1"

MfG 0siris[GoE]

Status
Not open for further replies.