• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

building that works like huanted mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i want to make in my map a building that works like the huanted mine that units can use it by standing on the runes, but it wont seem to work.

i made a new building (based on altar of darkness), made a new ability based on the "Blighted Gold Mine Ability" and gave it to the building. i also made a custom "Gather (Acoylte gold)" and gave it to a unit.

well in game the building uses the huanted mine model (even it should look like the altar of darkness), with 5 mining spots that have the same distence form the mine (no matter how much i mess with these options) and the unit cant even harvest the mine (only acolytes can).

is there a way to make all of these things to work? XD

Level 7
that fixes the most minor of the problems.

the "Blighted Gold Mine Ability" still changes the building to an huanted mine,

Level 6
What model are you using as the gold mine?

This is all I could find out about the blighted mine ability

Thanks MCV for testing Undead (Blighted) Gold Mines.
Targets
Only works on Undead structures and anything else will make it contain 0 gold.

Level 7
after some messing with things i made some kind of dummy trick:

when you build the alter of darkness a trigger creates a dummy haunted gold mine on top of it (the runes that the users stand on are visible) the mine and altar are connected with a hastable, then when a unit right clickes the altar another trigger is issuing the unit a order to harvast the dummy mine.

becouse i want this thing to give lumber (in a spiecl rate), i had to make a trigger to check for any nearby units that have the currently issued order to harvest.
now i just need to add a floating text to tell when lumber is harvested and it will work pretty nice :D

thx for trying to help XD rep+

Status
Not open for further replies.