• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Builders and Fighters Map (In Process) [ Trigger Help ]

How many of you would like to test play my map?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats B&F?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making a builders and fighters map based off the SC version, I'm almost done with my first version except, I have a trigger problem, can any1 help me.

Ok, here's my problem, I cant find the right trigger wordings to make this happen.
-15 Footmen go on a pad
-They are removed from the region
-1 New Unit is made from the 15 footman

HOW CAN I DO THIS?

-Any of you guys liked the old B&F map from SC, any suggestions plz email me.

Level 2
okay, so if I understand what you're asking, then the trigger would go something like this:

Code:
if unit enters (yourRegion)
     pick all units of type {footman} in (yourRegion)
          if number of picked units = 15
               remove picked units from game
               create 1 {yourCustomUnit}
          else
               do nothing
     end pick
else
     do nothing
endif

this basicly says, when a unit enters region x, check how many units in region x are of type footman. if there are 15, remove them and add 1 unit y. if there are not exactly 15 footmen, do nothing.
sorry if this is a little hard to understand, I didnt have the editor open so I just wrote the psudocode.
if you want, I'll make you a map demonstrating it. Good luck with your level.

Level 4
Reply To Klowns comment

Thank you but, I kind of get it but I get pissed off at my comp when I cant find the right trigger to fit it. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED FOR THE TRIGGER DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP ME THERE?? Like make a map with that trigger or somthing plzzz I would very much apprecaite it!

Level 2
if you dont mind waiting.....

if you don't mind waiting, I'm making a demonstration map for the wheaties dude. I'll work on yours soon.

by the way, you shouldn't double post- I just joined today, but I heard the admins and mods are strict on that sorta thing.

keep your pants on :D I'll work on it in a second or 89...

Level 2
here it is!

okay, I'm e-mailing it to you now.

basicly, you can ignore the first two triggers.
the 3rd one is the only important one.

what it does is, if a unit enters the pentagon region, it checks the unit's type. If it is a footman, it then checks to see if the number of footmen in the region + 1 is equal to the target number of footmen (in this case, 5). note the "+1". That is because the trigger does not take into account the entering footman. If there are 5 footmen (4 inside and 1 entering) then it kills the ones inside, and the one who just entered. then it creates one metal golem. BTW, like the laugh? I came from an old game called Ruiners RPG.

hope you learned something, and good luck on your map. oh, I forgot to ask, I'd love to play your map, but what exactly is a builders and fighters map? I never played one before.

Status
Not open for further replies.