• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug or what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've always had a problem whenever I wanted to make a trigger that gives a bonus of 50 gold to a player when he's current gold becomes 450 (or whatever number you like)

Until today, I thought that there's something wrong with my understanding of how triggers work, that my poor GUI skills are responsible for the game crashes.

But this time, I really am sure there's just nothing wrong with the trigger, so I'm asking you: Is this some kind of bug, or I still suck at triggering?

Here's the trigger:

• Gold Bonus on 450 Gold
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 7 (Green)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play QuestNew <gen>
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text:
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) +...
      • -------- -------------------------- --------
      • Player - Add 30 to (Triggering player) Current gold
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Triggering player) is in WestGroup) Equal to (==) True
          • Then - Actions
            • Player Group - Pick every player in WestGroup and do (Actions)
              • Loop - Actions
                • Player - Add 20 to (Picked player) Current gold
          • Else - Actions
            • Player Group - Pick every player in EstGroup and do (Actions)
              • Loop - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

Level 9
no, i use "Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())" on a lots of triggers. I am 100% sure the last "line" has nothing to do with the crashes.

Level 9
  • Gold Bonus on 450 Gold
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 7 (Green)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 450.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player))...

The same result, the game still crashes.

Level 9
  • Gold Bonus on 450 Gold
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
The game still crashes.

Level 9
no dude, the game only crashes when this trigger is enabled, I've said that in the first post.

Of course I've checked if it's the trigger's fault.

Level 5
ye just turn off the trigger befor you give the gold = stops the loop
like so
  • Gold Bonus on 450 Gold
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • -------------------------
  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • -------------------------
    • Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) +...
    • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • ((Triggering player) is in WestGroup) Equal to (==) True
    • Then - Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in WestGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Else - Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in EstGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.