• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug in mah Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
SO I created a maze in which the runners have the ability to slow the enemy's units. I used the classic slow ability (Human sorceress - Slow) but modified it as an upgradable (up to lvl 2) hero ability. However once Slow's effects dissipate the unit stops and the original (Map-Initailizion Event/Patrol Action) trigger the patrolling units had, stops and they no longer move. I am not sure if this is an object editor thing (hopefully so it is easier to fix in my opinion the easier solution) or if I need to add triggers periodically that check for stopped units. Either way I need your guy's help figuring this out... Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!
Maybe I have to make the regions bigger? because I made them their patrol point region as small as possible.

Level 5
Don't worry, it's not your fault. You see, when a unit is issued an order (to cast a spell, to use an item, etc.) via a trigger, the editor always puts a stop order at the end. You should just re-order the casting unit to do its first order (in your case - patrol) after the order for casting the spell.

Level 7
That is very weird that they stop even after an ability was placed on them... But I'm not quite sure what you mean about the reordering of my trigger. The maze runners have the ability to slow the enemy units and once the enemy units have been slowed and are no longer under its effect the enemy units just stop. How do I reorder the trigger if it is just a map initialization- action: patrol to center of region type trigger? Maybe should I do this:
event: every 1 second of the game
condition: none
Action:
if: name of patrolling unit is not moving (has an order)
then: order unit to patrol to center of region (variable obviously)
else: do nothing

??
or would that cause a lot of leaks/lag?

Level 5
You mean that the target unit of ability being cast is stopping? It shouldn't do that. Well in any case, why not adding the target unit of ability being cast to a unit group and check every second if the current order of the units in your group is patrol, and if its not, then order to patrol to your desired location.

Level 7
Hey so I finally got around to testing it out but was having trouble location the condition that says what i imagine to be something like this --> "unit in unit group is patrol equal to false then do action else do nothing" but cannot find it. Would this be a boolean?
jk found it under Order! lol

Level 7
Hey I finally got back to working on my maze and am having trouble with this still:
So the unit that is patrolling to a point is also being affected by this trigger and it will not stop teleporting it... It was suppose to be a fix so that if it was ordered stopped automatically (like mentioned above) it would catch it. But instead it just annoying teleports it back to its original location without ceasing! lol im kind of stressed out by this trigger:

Events-
Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time

Conditions-
None

Actions-
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Current order of Slicer 0024 <gen>) Equal to (Order(patrol))
Then - Actions
Do nothing
Else - Actions
Set PatrolPt2B = (Center of Region 164 <gen>)
Set PatrolPt2 = (Center of Region 058 <gen>)
Unit - Move Slicer 0024 <gen> instantly to PatrolPt2B, facing PatrolPt2
Unit - Order Slicer 0024 <gen> to Patrol To PatrolPt2
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PatrolPt2B)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PatrolPt2)

I would really appreciate any help thanks!

Last edited:
Level 7
So after continuously playing around with the triggers this is how I solved it :)
Thanks Warseeker for the tip!

Events
Unit - Slicer 0024 <gen> Is issued an order with no target

Conditions-
None

Actions
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Wait 3.00 seconds
Unit - Move Slicer 0024 <gen> instantly to (Center of Region 164 <gen>), facing (Center of Region 058 <gen>)
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Order Slicer 0024 <gen> to Patrol To (Center of Region 058 <gen>)
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Let me know if any of this is unnecessary lol

Status
Not open for further replies.