• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSwordStrike

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

BTNSwordStrike (Icon)

Reviews
13:43, 15th Oct 2009 Pyramidhe@d: after seeing your energy blade i think you could improve on this a lot. always keep in mind "what makes my icon special?" when you are making your icons. dont make icons that mak you say "meh good enough" make icons...

M

13:43, 15th Oct 2009
Pyramidhe@d: after seeing your energy blade i think you could improve on this a lot. always keep in mind "what makes my icon special?" when you are making your icons. dont make icons that mak you say "meh good enough" make icons to your fullest skills so you would make people want to use this icon

Level 14
The ''slash/strike'' glow looks kinda strange, and also change its colour, it is just like the background.
The blade seems to be ok, but maybe add a ''harder blade'' or more colours.
Pretty neat overall.

i ask you. would you use this icon in a map of your own?

because i wouldn't. First of all the blade is VERY messy and very blurry and very unshaded. it seriously looks like you used 2 colours (yellow and grey) and used the dodge and burn tool. seriously. USE MOAR COLOURS!

The blurr that shows that the sword is waving down, is very unrecognisable for what its cause should really be. it looks like it left a bunch of soft clay on the ground and dropped a knife in front of it.

and most importantly. fix that BG... one colour = boring

1/5 You have a lot of work to do on this.

~Dentothor

Last edited:
Level 7
hmm that sword looks like stone kris used by cavemen and it looks like it is smoking, not slashing,if u add more details on the handle, sharpen it, a tad more colors and wuala xD goody icon for war craft xD

Edit: i have attached a jpg file of ur icon as an example how u can improve it, use smudge tool for the "slash" it looks better that way. I hope that helped.

Attachments

• icons_9140_btn.jpg
    icons_9140_btn.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 102