• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSoulLich

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
My second icon.

I hope you like it. Am a total newbie to this but i'll continue on and maybe some day i'll be pretty good. Who knows :)

It's a soul lich thingy magic, whatever :)
Any criticism is always nice to see.

-Somnium

Keywords:
Worm, Soul, Poison, Water, Drop, Envenom, Spirit.
Contents

BTNSoulLich (Icon)

Reviews
09:21, 14th Jul 2009 zombie2279: All in all, a very simple concept and it does look like a worm. I'd advise you complete reworking, by making the shape of the object bigger, so there is room for further details. Place it in a way that it fills up a...

M

09:21, 14th Jul 2009
zombie2279: All in all, a very simple concept and it does look like a worm. I'd advise you complete reworking, by making the shape of the object bigger, so there is room for further details. Place it in a way that it fills up a bigger part of the icon. I also suggest using a smaller canvas (256x256 or 128x128), because the majority of details get lost during the resizing and it's often not worth the effort.

Once done with that, put more detail on the face, drawing the eyes with a more visible color and detail different parts of the object, adding wings, tentacles and maybe other body parts so it doesn't look altogether like a parasite worm. Change the overall color pattern to a more realistic one too with the usage of more colors/proportions.

Rejected until updated.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
---------------------------------------------
1:Dont see the concept of what it is.
2:poor shading.
3:As of the name "SoulLich" This needs more definition of what it means, all i see is a drop of something.
---------------------------------------------

(All my recommendations to your icon, you can use these or not your choice)
Army-of-pandas