1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BTNSFWVolcanoSummoning

Submitted by SexYFrostWyrM
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I took about 6 hours to make this one, i hope it was worth it.

UPDATE : Added more black to the dragon. Shaded the volcano and added some lava.

Keywords:
volcano, dragon, lava, magma, summon, summoning, fire
Contents

BTNSFWVolcanoSummoning (Icon)

Reviews
19th May 2010 Pyramidhe@d: Useful
  1. 19th May 2010
    Pyramidhe@d: Useful

2. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Too cartoonish and blurry for my style sorry.

3. SexYFrostWyrM

SexYFrostWyrM

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I really don't understand what is cartoonish and blurry here.

4. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Moin moin you hive-dudes ;)

A new icon - so here we go =)

Ok I can't agree with Etzer first of all. I see the volcano and also the lava-flames at the back. In addition you add a dragon(?) on the top of the volcano, which is a good idea I think. Also I can't see it as a cartoon icon at all.

I think Etzer means that the volcano have not enough details and in this point I have to agree a little bit. Maybe you create some better quality of lava running down volcano. Also you should increase the quality of the dragon (?) a lot (maybe you can Google "Red Dragon" and there you see some ideas for the wings and the body ).

What we got in points:

+ Works ingame
    + Contains the icon + a dragon (?) bonus
    + Very good idea at all ( I really like it )
    + You add all important icon types ( maybe autocast icontype but this not necessary)

* This icon needs some better quality at all
    * You should add some better lava at the volcano itself
    * Fix the dragon (?) with some changes ( like if you look for some red dragon wallpapers you will get some ideas

=== Result ===
    I have no reason to give any negative points as you see, but I hope you note the neutral points, that you should spend some more time at this icon, to make it better, increase the quality and so on. Up to now I would give 3/5 points. After you fix the icon I will definitely give 5/5!

This icon match the requirements for approval!

Keynotes (2 notes):

Everything I said is nothing against you or your work. This points just should be some ideas/hints, that you can release at/on your icon to make it better, so keep working!

@ Etzer: That I disagree with you at the top of my thread is nothing against you. Everyone have his own idea, his own imagination of the idea/of the release. So please! don't rate it negative <-- this nothing! against you.

Edit (Last word^^): If this icon have a better quality and you make some improvements , this icon will be Director's Cut in my eyes, because then it's a really awesome and very very good icon and idea - so please! keep working =)

Greetings
    ~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

6. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nothing here. Look further down

The icon is MUCH better as big icon, for some reason, i don't know why.

7. SexYFrostWyrM

SexYFrostWyrM

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dr. Boom ===> Thats nice to see someone who like at least the concept, and posting a complete report with + and - ^^
    Actually, i dont know how to increase quality. The original picture is 1400x1400 pixels so the detailing after reducing should be perfect. I think it's not blurry, but rather a little confusing, because i mayby made something too detailed.
    I can still try shading the volcano and add some lava, but thats all.
    Well, i think i have to improve myself about picture management.

Last thing : Yes, it's a dragon and i don't understand why is it so hard to you guys to see that :)

You mean the icon is better that the original large-size picture ?
    Btw, the icon you posted here is a bad example.
    First, i find this icon sucks. Second, i find it's more cartoonish than realistic.
    But as Mr. Boom wisely said, everyone has a different way to see the things and the art :)

8. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually this is quite blurry, i cant see the dragon nore the volcano very-well. So, i suggest fixing that.

9. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Actually, if it weren't for the horns that looks more like a Wyvern

10. Newominus

Newominus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed, we'll just hope wyverns don't just suddenly grow horns.