• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNSaracenAttack

Saracen/Saber/Scimitar/Falchion Attack/Strike/Slash - thingie :D

I've been sitting on this icon for quite a while now, and finally decided to upload it.
(For those who couldn't resist clicking on my signature, you've probably seen it already, in my "Unofficial Icons" album.)

100% free-hand, can't remember wether I made it with Paint.NET or Corel Painter. Acutally, I think I used both in the process.
Oh well, what does it matter... Lol

Keywords:
Saracen, Strike, Slash, Attack, Scimitar, Falchion, Saber
Contents

BTNSaracenAttack (Icon)

Reviews
08:50, 5th Aug 2009 zombie2279: The shading is a bit messed up. I recommend removing those two shading parts from the middle of the blade and replacing them with a gap, as if a part from the blade was missing and re-doing the highlight effect. The...

M

08:50, 5th Aug 2009
zombie2279: The shading is a bit messed up. I recommend removing those two shading parts from the middle of the blade and replacing them with a gap, as if a part from the blade was missing and re-doing the highlight effect. The right part of the glow looks weird aswell, blend it in with the background a bit further. It's a creative idea and quite a good execution nevertheless.

9:16, 10th Aug 2009
zombie2279: No changes made, but it looks quite acceptable.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Review,
-----------------
1.Overall look is fantastic.
2.you could fix the angle a bit, the hand looks outta place of where the sword is going.
3.The shading on the sword could be a bit better, the random 2 black areas on the bottom half of the sword needs either replaced, fixed or erased because it does go with the 3-D effect on the sword.
-----------------
(All my recommendations to your icon, you can choose to use these or not, your choice.)
Thanks, Army-of-pandas.

Level 11
Thanks everyone.

Ok its barely noticable anyway. Especially if you were playing a map with this Icon in it you wouldn't stare at the Icon while other players are owning you. :)
Lol, yea that's what I thought too. You won't waste your time closely examining an icon in the middle of the game. Besides, I think a lot of people wouldn't even think much about it.