• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNRockSlam

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Errors make you stronger.

This time, it's at least 98% by me (2% for the inspiration). :p
Hope that one is ok with the rules.
Softwares : Gimp 2.0, War3 Viewer

I like it, but it looks a little bit too dark ingame... :(
But anyway, Give credit if you use of course (am I allowed to ask for credit this time ? ;D).
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2nu0toj.jpg

UPDATE : Icon looks lighter now, thanks to Matarael for the advice :)

Keywords:
Rock Golem Stone Fist Ground Slam War Stomp
Contents

BTNRockSlam (Icon)

Reviews
16:34, 29th Aug 2012 Apheraz Lucent: Very blurry and undefined, also a little off in the anatomical way. You could benefit from more visible stone texture, and shading/highlighting of each pebble individualy. The icon lacks motion, slight wind traces...

M

16:34, 29th Aug 2012
Apheraz Lucent: Very blurry and undefined, also a little off in the anatomical way. You could benefit from more visible stone texture, and shading/highlighting of each pebble individualy. The icon lacks motion, slight wind traces and/or actuall burst of dust could fix it (particle effects, in short). The earth and the stone textures look oversmudged as well. Take a look at the 'Slam' icon from Warcraft for useful reference.

Level 8
This actually looks decent for a first (second?) timer. Perhaps you could increase some brightness to the wrist and the "swooshing" background just to add contrast?

I look forward to seeing your future icons as I'm sure they'll only improve with more practice. I'd also suggest you post a bigger picture as an attachment so that you can get better input from the maestros here ha ha ha...

Level 3
Well, it lacks definition. Lots of it. Also, you seem to miss the point of the big picture. Big picture doesn't mean you simply scale the icon up, it's a picture of the icon before it's scaled to 64x64. It's needed to proof that the icon is done by you, freehand etc.

Level 8
What I mean with "big image" is the actual file you worked on, the PSD or TGA. Usually they're large right? Post that too so we can all give suggestions on that not just the small screencapture :)

User http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/i3lackdeath/ used to do that with his icons, and he received tons of input... before he was... killed... in his prime... RIP*.

---

*he's not really dead he just stopped posting resources.