1. Are you planning to upload your awesome icon to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 8, 2018: The rules for the Icon Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

BTNRegenPot

Submitted by Ken Christopher
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
New idea pop up for Regeneration Potion. It can be used for Strength Upgrading skills or Buff Upgrade Skills.
Previews
Contents

BTNRegenPot (Icon)

1. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Nice job! can we see a large picture of this please?

2. Ken Christopher

Ken Christopher

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hi stonneash, heres the big picture. Not that good.

Big_Picture.PNG

3. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I see this is your first icon and that's great for a first icon! if you're willing to work on it some more I'm happy to offer some tips. What program did you use to make this?

4. Ken Christopher

Ken Christopher

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:

Hi, thank you very much. Actually this is my 3rd icon making. Previous 2 was in my old account. StyxaneZ. And I made it 10years ago and now get back to icon making again. Yea, I would like to know more and improve it. This one I am using black brush and white brush to make it lghter and darker, and for second one which I will post up later will be using Dodge and Burn tool. Im using Photoshop cs6 to make it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  5. stonneash

stonneash

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    That's awesome! The thing that helps me most is tutorials so im going to recommend one here for you
    How to Make an Icon

I think the colors and shades could be a bit better also, so I'd recommend using a similar icon to pick colors from and then adjusting them to taste. Let me know if you have any questions!

by the way, using the brush tool is probably the best way to get that "cartoonish" warcraft hand-drawn art style in my opinion but i've seen the dodge and burn tool implemented well before to make great results.

6. Ken Christopher

Ken Christopher

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thank you, yea I have read the article / tutorial. Im using the advice the author told me. Btw, I dont want to get cartoonish icon :), I wish i can use only brush tool, dodge and burn tool to make the icon realistic style. Because I found out cartoonish is a bit weird in Warcraft. :S

*Later during night time (+8 GMT) I will post up my another icon to let you see which im using dodge and burn together with brush tool only.

7. Ken Christopher

Ken Christopher

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hi @stonneash, here's the other icon that I said I will let you see and give some feedback. What do you think? this one or the btnregenpot better?

BtnShoulderArmor.png

8. San

San

Icon Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I suggest you to remove the dark shades of the yellow plus, it's unneeded in my opinion and it is merging with the background shadow.
    Whatever he is holding with his hand needs better definition, I couldn't tell what is it in current state.

9. Ken Christopher

Ken Christopher

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hi, ok, I will try to make it better and report here. Thank you for your advice :)